EAP653 operating anomaly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP653 operating anomaly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP653 operating anomaly
EAP653 operating anomaly
2023-01-12 16:49:40
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Good evening
This is to report a malfunction of the EAP 653 device purchased about a week ago from a Tp-Link reseller.

Basically, once the device is connected to a PoE+ device, Switch TL-SG2210P v3.20, the Access Point continuously disconnects from the controller at intervals making the connection / adoption / disconnection phase in a loop.

I have clearly already tried to replace the power source with an additional Tp-Link TL-SG2210MP v1.0 switch and later with an external PoE power supply, always encountering the same problem. I also tried replacing the ethernet cable and resetting the device but none of these solutions worked.
I would like to point out that by doing a factory reset on the device this problem does not appear immediately but after about a day of activity.
I already opened a ticket a few days ago on the tp-Link italia website who advised me to replace the device but even after replacing it, I encountered the same problem.

I leave below the device information such as the firmware version and the S/N

Here are the logs of the Omada OC200 controller

I'd like to know if there were further checks to be done and possibly if any of you had already solved this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP653 operating anomaly
2023-01-13 08:26:34

Leonardo180 wrote

Good evening
This is to report a malfunction of the EAP 653 device purchased about a week ago from a Tp-Link reseller.

Basically, once the device is connected to a PoE+ device, Switch TL-SG2210P v3.20, the Access Point continuously disconnects from the controller at intervals making the connection / adoption / disconnection phase in a loop.

I have clearly already tried to replace the power source with an additional Tp-Link TL-SG2210MP v1.0 switch and later with an external PoE power supply, always encountering the same problem. I also tried replacing the ethernet cable and resetting the device but none of these solutions worked.
I would like to point out that by doing a factory reset on the device this problem does not appear immediately but after about a day of activity.
I already opened a ticket a few days ago on the tp-Link italia website who advised me to replace the device but even after replacing it, I encountered the same problem.

I leave below the device information such as the firmware version and the S/N

Here are the logs of the Omada OC200 controller

I'd like to know if there were further checks to be done and possibly if any of you had already solved this problem.

Many thanks in advance

Dear  @Leonardo180 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID230123173, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 823

Replies: 1

Related Articles