ER605 v2 Firmware update 2.1.0 causes adopting loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 v2 Firmware update 2.1.0 causes adopting loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:ER605 v2 Firmware update 2.1.0 causes adopting loop
2023-01-15 22:40:18

@SuperUserOne FWIW

controller version 5.7.6
model OC200 1.0
firmware version 1.21.7 Build 20221206 Rel 58608
router IP was 192.168.0.1
that was main LAN

vlans were for other SSID/Networks

Forgot within controller
reset via button
reloaded 2.0.1

reset again

reconnected to network with controller ( on a fixed IP of .2 )

all ok after about ten mins of adopting/provisioning/configuring

Options
2023-01-16 00:06:26

I wish I had read this before I hit the upgrade button on the SDN for my ER605 V2.  I had been reading posts elsewhere that suggested all was well with the world of 2.1.0.

I upgraded and all seemed good until yesterday morning. I spent a couple of hours re-booting and resetting and restoring from backups. It took a while for the penny to drop that it had stopped handing out IP addresses at 10pm the night before - I assume that's when leases were due to be renewed. Manual IP address were working and always-powered LAN equipment was retaining an IP address.

This morning same deal - everything had dropped off at 10pm unless it was constantly powered and on the LAN. At least I knew how to quickly get back into the controller. I initially assumped it was an EAP problem because ethernet devices were still working, but that theory fell away quickly.

I was ready to downgrade as suggested but thought I would try "force provision" on the ER605. That did the trick.

It seems the ER605 is just not picking up the instructions/configuration from the controller software (I don't have an OC200). After the force provision and the subsequent reboot everything came back online. There were a couple that picked up random IP addresses (most things have a DCHP reservation) but a reconnect had them set right.

Now - will it hold when these leases are due? If not V2.0.1 here I come.

Options
2023-01-16 00:10:45 - last edited 2023-01-16 00:11:43

Been here starting from page 2 (yeap also posted my problem, also experiencing downtime) and we are now on 6 pages.

STILL no official word from TPLINK or any of their support/engineering team, this is an all time low for TPLink. Sigh

Options
2023-01-16 00:13:51

@nurix 

Just plain old port forwarding in : Setting --> Transmission --> NAT -->. Port Forwarding..

It works as expected with 2.0.1   Does not work at all in 2.1 even if I delete and re-add the port rule.   Also IPV6 Stateless DHCP does not work with 2.1.   Again, works as expected in 2.0.1.    

Other than that (and the constant re-adopting) my ER605 works with 2.1.     It will connect to the internet with PPPoE and hand out IPV4 DHCP addresses.   I think that's why other posts are saying  2.1 works (but actually it does not).

Options
2023-01-16 08:53:50

@SuperUserOne 

Same issue , a nuisance every few minutes notification about OMADA device offline and online and than EAP devices connected.

Device shows adoption in progress than connected and repeat, its like GROUNDHOG DAY.

FIG 1 : Shows online but with out ip address.

FIG 2 : Show online with ip address.

FIG 3 : when trying to connect shows network time.

Fig 4 When logged in the data is not popullated as well and take long time to appear.

FIG 5 ER605 stuck in vicious loop of Adopting, Provisioning, Configuring and connected : REPEATEDLY crying

Please Provide Support for this ASAP, you kind solution will be much appreciated.

Regards

Options
Re:ER605 v2 Firmware update 2.1.0 causes adopting loop-Solution
2023-01-16 09:25:06 - last edited 2023-01-16 09:25:13

Dear @SuperUserOne and other community members,

The support team has noticed this issue, and I have released the Solution Post in here.

If you are still having issue after referring to this Solution post and troubleshooting, or if your WAN Connection Type is not PPPOE and still have the same issues with the latest firmware, the engineer may need to collect some detailed information exactly when the issue occurs to figure out the issue.

If you are willing to try further troubleshooting with our engineer via email directly, please feel free to let me know and I'd help to escalate your case.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-01-16 09:31:08

@Hank21 My problem with the new firmware is not that the network doesn't function or my internet. The problem is that my router end in an endless adopting loop.

I have posted detailed information from the logs. How can I come in contact with the engineer?

Options
2023-01-16 09:45:41

@Hank21 

Hank21 wrote

Dear @SuperUserOne and other community members,

The support team has noticed this issue, and I have released the Solution Post in here.

That's a nice way of saying it would be best to roll back to the previous firmware version. 

Options
2023-01-16 09:52:14

Dear @SuperUserOne ,

SuperUserOne wrote

@Hank21 My problem with the new firmware is not that the network doesn't function or my internet. The problem is that my router end in an endless adopting loop.

I have posted detailed information from the logs. How can I come in contact with the engineer?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID230127885, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:ER605 v2 Firmware update 2.1.0 not booting
2023-01-16 17:58:57
Hello,
since the update to 2.1.0 the ER605 no longer starts. Even a reset and downgrade to 2.0.1 didn't help.

Only when you disconnect the ER605 from the power supply and after about 1 minute press the reset button does it start up.

I have 3 systems and all the same.

Omada 5.7.6 and 5.7.4
Options