OC200 - Bugs/Issues/Feature Requests. ER605/EAP610.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 04:58:34 - last edited 2023-01-16 05:05:36
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.51

So I have a OC200, ER605 and EAP610.

OC200:

1.  Anyone done a factory reset and tested restoring a backup.  I found it doesn't work....  You can imagine the headache. This is as of Omada 5.5.7 and 5.7.6.

2.  Rate control - When you set Mbps or Kbps it when you create multiple groups rate controls gets them mixed up, some list up as Kbps or sets the wrong speed, this is a BUG.

3. Dashboard - WIFI.  Shows x clients and their connected signal strength (RSSI), why can I not click on those with bad signal to know which devices have issues?

4. Factory reset, changes the OC200 ID number....  ?  When I downgraded firmware it did and thus all my devices had to be adopted again, backups didn't work.... 

5.  Either way we all have a ER605 most likely providing a WAN connection so treat it like one.  Login..........  Is the WAN Online or Offline.  Simple thing that should be clearly shown on the dashboard or at the top with the external IP etc along with internet uptime not just device uptime.  

6.  Adopting devices.  I run a 172.16.x.x IP system here, Omada and their devices hate that.  For it to work, I have to reset the device I want to adopt usually and change it to suit the new ip system if it hasn't been DHCP'd by default.  Just making a note.

7.  Why is it that Advanced IP Scanner can pickup ALOT MORE INFO about the devices then Omada?  This is how I try and workout what is what so I can rename them all!

8.  Again the "Client List" again doesn't take that name over to the DHCP Reservation list.... it shows Mac Address and you can't make it show the name instead.  Annoying.  People doesn't by default look and remember MAC ADDRESSES..... Hence why we can rename them for easy to read and find!

9.  DHCP Reservation we cannot specify different DNS per device.  This should also be a group option.  eg in my case as I am using this particular one at home, that I can create a group called Kids and tag in x clients to be apart of that group and they all get a particular DNS.....  for parental filtering for example.

10.  Again BASIC IP blocking, nothing special here.  I have a port forward to a server say for MAIL in my case...... that gets bombed all day long, I want to ban an IP or a range..... so it doesn't bog down my server or even go to it......  The current ACL as confirmed by TPLink does not do this.  Also this needs to be able to be used for VPN as I have found numerous attempts on the VPN.....

11. The iPhone app needs improvement even in what can be adjusted!  Loading/connecting times.  Again I recommend taking a look at the ASUS TUF AX3000 and their iOS App.  

12.  BUG? On Omada 5.5.7 since updating to ER605 2.1 I have no gateway utilization?  No internet reported.... lol  Not an issue just funny to me.

13.  More then one Cloud access would be good as well, the second as a viewer say.

14.  Flood Defence, it would be nice to see where you specific the limits if it showed current connections per type despite the limit you specify.

15.  The ER605 by default can show ALL connections currently, all the IP's and ports etc in standalone mode we are still yet to see this option on the Omada firmware.  I want to see ALL CONNECTIONS currently witth the ER605 so I can get a clear picture of whats happening.

EAP610 & Omada:

1.  If I can create x number of networks.  One thing I would LOVE to see changed or added as a feature is to be able to specify if you connect to a specific network you can SPECIFY what the band MHz is.  eg.  I want 5Ghz with one being 40MHz for one network name, one being 80MHz so I can join based on a network I create.  You cannot presently do that, there's almost no point having multiple networks as I you cannot specify specifically major differences outside of 2.4 or 5-6Ghz bands.

eg.  I would have smart devices on 40MHz for 5GHz and PC's on 80Mhz....  Helps manage the number of devices and gives the PC's more bandwidth and those with less more ability to join.

ER605-OC200 Combined Queries:

1.  LAN.  Why can't I have multiple LAN's one say thats default, specify groups/vlans maybe for x clients?  eg I would put all my CCTV and Smart Devices on a LAN that could not communicate with x internal devices.  *something I am thinking about in progress type thing*

I mean this is all I can think of, just putting it out there for others to pipe in on.

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC200 - Bugs/Issues/Feature Requests. ER605/EAP610.
2023-01-17 22:55:06

@MrHC1983 

Love your ER605 list!

For the EAP610, it only has one 5Ghz radio and your ask would require that it either have two radios....or have some pretty expensive hardware inside to make it look like two virtual APs with different channel bondings on the 5Ghz band, either way would still be more than buying a second EAP610 for the 80Mhz capable clients.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-01-18 00:48:54

@d0ugmac1 

Perhaps.  But when you advertise a network say.... the 5Ghz radio's channel width say could be set on 'Auto' (selecting 40Mhz or 80Mhz depending on device) therefore suggesting with the software we could create a WIFI and specify which one we wanted to advertise and or join.  

I'm not sure if I am correct on this, I don't know how the advertising vs hardware side of things work together.  But this is my thoughts on it.

Again if possible it would be handy to better free up wifi resources but putting some on 40 and some on 80.

Options
2023-01-18 16:41:35 - last edited 2023-01-18 16:44:13

@MrHC1983 

Auto means it just picks the optimal combination of channel and width on startup.   Once picked, it stays that way until the next reboot or if periodically revisited by the AP or controller.

This has to do with the way the radio module needs to behave in operation, and there's no way a $100 AP has the kind of smarts needed to dynamically reconfigure itself multiple times per second to accommodate various clients talking to it over different frequency ranges (ie when you compare a 40Mhz to 80Mhz channel config, you are spreading the radio signal across twice as many frequencies for the latter).  It's a tradeoff...narrower band can go farther but has less capacity because the max output power has to remain the same.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 506

Replies: 3