Does EAP655-Wall support Fast Roaming and AI Roaming?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 16:07:45
Model: EAP655-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hello,

I have two APs in my network: EAP655-Wall(EU) v1.0 and EAP653(EU) v1.0. Today I received firmware update for the latter (1.0.4) and one of the changes was support for AI Roaming which surprised my as I thought it had it from the beginning.

I checked with my laptop (M1 MacBook Pro) and indeed it takes very long to switch APs when I move around the apartment so I assume Fast/AI Roaming is not functioning properly.

Since I now know EAP653 supports Fast/AI roaming since 1.0.4, does my EAP655-Wall v1 with 1.0.0 firmware support it? How can I check it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does EAP655-Wall support Fast Roaming and AI Roaming?
2023-01-17 19:38:58 - last edited 2023-01-17 19:40:45

@undeniable 

Personally not used this device, but according to the specifications it does indeed support Fast Roaming.  However in terms of AI Roaming, im not so sure

Bear in mind the wall editions are designed for a single room like a hotel room or dormitory, therefore roaming is not really required as it will only be used in that one room.  Therefore these devices may not support all the features that the standard EAPs would, also wont be anywhere as near powerful. 

You also dont mention if you have a controller in place?   AI and Roaming both require a controller online to operate.  Without a controller this will be client side roaming, Apple devices are particularly awful at this!  :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 395

Replies: 1