Deployed new EAP660HD. iPhones connect but do not get "WiFi" icon. No data xfer. No ipv4 address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deployed new EAP660HD. iPhones connect but do not get "WiFi" icon. No data xfer. No ipv4 address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 17:04:02 - last edited 2023-01-17 17:05:02
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello, 
I just received new EAP660 HD AP yesterday.  Setup Omada controller on local server. I have one AP for now to test out with plan to replace existing Deco_M5 mesh.  If works well, will buy a couple more EAP660s or if doesnt work as expected, i send it back and look at other options. 
Setup AP yesterday and have it "adopted" by the controller.

Devices seem to connect to the new AP ok.  I have PCs, laptops and my macbook pro M1 max which all work fine.

I am having issues with iPhones connecting.  We are a house of iPhones.  5 total.  None of them connect to this new AP.
we have 3 iphone 10s, 1 iphone 11pro and 1 iPhone 14 pro.  

The iphones all exhibit the same behavior as in they appear to connect to the EAP.  within Wifi option in Settings menu, I am connected to the access point, but the "wifi" signal will not appear in the top of the screen.  It gets an ipv6 ip assigned, but no ipv4 ips.  

Wondered if there is anyone else experiencing this and are any ideas as to how we could remedy this?
Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deployed new EAP660HD. iPhones connect but do not get "WiFi" icon. No data xfer. No ipv4 address
2023-01-17 17:56:24

@Bigjimcfh 

Would you be able to give us some more information on your exact setup?  namely where the DHCP is coming from and what address your AP has at present..   You mentioned Deco, is this to link into the deco ecosystem?

Options
Re:Deployed new EAP660HD. iPhones connect but do not get "WiFi" icon. No data xfer. No ipv4 address
2023-01-17 20:38:38

@Philbert 
Currently I have ISP Modem (1.2gbps) bridged to Deco M5s in Router mode assigning DHCP to all devices Wireless and wired.

EAP is getting assigned an IP.  On same network, I have the server running the Omada controller software. 

In Omada controller, I see EAP as having IP assigned successfully via DHCP and I can connect to EAP via web browser or controller.  Controller shows EAP as green "Connected".

As mentioned, on my clients (M1 Macbook, Dell Laptop, M1 Mac Mini, Lenovo Laptop) they all connect successfully to new EAP and transfer data as expected, and at faster rates than DecoAPs, also as anticipated.

iPhones only seem to not want to cooperate with this EAP it seems

Options
2023-01-17 23:13:02

@Bigjimcfh 

It does sound like you have covered most of the angles of diagnosis there, however from experience this could be the WPA settings for your WiFi.

Are you running WPA3 SAE by any chance?   If so seen that not work with iphones before, create a test SSID and give it WPA2 AES and see how that works (if it does). 

Any perticular flavour of IOS?   eg all running 16 or a mix bag?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 3

Related Articles