Vigi Security Manager inverted camera color

Vigi Security Manager inverted camera color

33 Reply
Re:Vigi Security Manager inverted camera color
2023-09-11 09:52:17

@Clive_A 

I have the TP-Link VIGI NVR1004H-4P with 2 C540 connected with CAT5 wires.

On Win11 with AMD GPU on latest drivers, I'm using VIGI Security Manager 1.5.16 and I still have the red/blue inversion. Green is green.

I'm glad this issue is being worked on, please keep me updated.

Thanks.

Options
2023-09-12 01:06:04

Hi @domw 

domw wrote

@Clive_A 

I am using Security Manager version 1.5.16 and I believe it is the latest version. The colour problem still exists.

I have been using Foscam security cameras and I recently bought two TP-Link C340-W cameras with VIGI NVR1016H 16 Channel NVR and I regret about the purchase.

The C340-W cameras have many problems. It only support 2.4 GHz Wifi and the connectivity is quite unstable even though I have four XE75 Deco mesh WiFi system in a not-so-large house. The so-called Full-Colour feature is unstable and I had to switch back to infrared instead.

The Security Manager is unstable and takes a long time to start and connect to the NVR1016H NVR.

The VIGI solution is immature compared to other vendors like Focasm. I trusted TP-Link but I am completely disappointed by the VIGI cameras and NVR. I should have bought two new Foscam cameras instead but it is too late now.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with this product. This problem was brought up by the OP and we were developing a beta for people who run into this issue. Actually, there is a quick fix if you use beta.

For the camera, usually, 2.4GHz is enough for the stream. My guess about the project manager's thoughts when designing/optimizing this product, 2.4GHz is enough and a lower frequency is good for long-range transmission. If it adds 5GHz, the price will only increase and the cost will be transferred to the customers.

I am not sure how long your VIGI security launches, but mine with around 15 seconds to launch and 30 seconds to load the live view and the lab is using NVR4032H and 1104H-4P, 4 VIGI cameras. My work computer does not have the up-to-date and is using the most cheap CPU 10th gen Intel, and the speed is 20Mbps.

Not sure your definition of slow, How long does it launch and load?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-12 12:21:46

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive

If I start VIGI Security Manager from scratch, it will take at least 1 to 1.5 mins to load 4 cameras in the Live view and one of the cameras wouldn't load very often.

My Foscam VMS software takes 13 seconds to load all 5 cameras.

I notice that I do not have the same problem with the VIGI App on my Android phone and my tablet. Also the colour problem doesn't existing using the VIGI App on my phone and my tablet. However, I use my computer to monitor the cameras most of the time and therefore need to get the VIGI Security Manager to work.

My computer is not a slow computer and it has the following specs:

Dell XPS 8950

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz

32.0 GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT display card

Windows 11 Pro

I suspect the main problem is the VIGI Security Manager software.

Thanks

Dom

Options
2023-09-13 01:56:36

Hi @domw

Sorry that I cannot comment on the software development of the VIGI Security Manager as I don't have much info about it.

It could be a problem with the code. But launching the software is pretty quick, mine takes 15 seconds, and logging in and pulling the stream takes 20 seconds or so.

The server, if I don't recall it wrong, it's Amazon cloud-based. Divided by continents. The time to pull the stream from the server could vary. But software indeed launches pretty fast for me. Even I have 16 Gigs RAM and most of the time I use 60% memory with web works.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-15 16:43:03
This is good news, keep this thread alive, hopefully we get a solution, as far as I know it only happens when using AMD gpu's I haven't encountered any problem when I use intel igpu and nvidia gpu. another thing worth noting if you use tapo cameras like me (c310) to be exact, using the substream instead of the mainstream shows colors correctly which is not worth it because of the poor quality of substream.
Options
2023-10-07 10:46:40

@Clive_A it's not a tragedy but 15 seconds is fun for start this type of software. OS start is faster than load aplication. Every connect to NVR is via ACS please?

I have same problem with software as many posts before my post. When show video from camera in LQ, colours are fine, HQ colours are bad. On phone app colours are good on HQ. App on computer is latest, i have latest drivers for OS and HW - R9 5900x, 64 GB RAM, AMD6800XT... 

-- Best regards ;-) SWOC: 5.9.31 on Debian 11 | R: TL-ER7206 | SW: TL-SG3428X, TL-SG2008P | AP: EAP615-Wall, EAP610
Options
2023-10-08 06:11:21

Hi @HofkoSK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

HofkoSK wrote

@Clive_A it's not a tragedy but 15 seconds is fun for start this type of software. OS start is faster than load aplication. Every connect to NVR is via ACS please?

I have same problem with software as many posts before my post. When show video from camera in LQ, colours are fine, HQ colours are bad. On phone app colours are good on HQ. App on computer is latest, i have latest drivers for OS and HW - R9 5900x, 64 GB RAM, AMD6800XT... 

The update was released on Sep 22. Have you tried this one? Does it fix the problem? HQ color is bad, can you paste a picture of that and in comparison with the LQ?

Options
2023-10-08 19:52:13

@Clive_A 

Please find below samples of HQ (wrong colours) and LQ (correct colours)

Options
2023-10-09 05:58:20

Hi @domw 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231015178, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-10-09 12:07:03

@Clive_A LQ - HQ - iPhone app

LQ

HQ

iPhone

-- Best regards ;-) SWOC: 5.9.31 on Debian 11 | R: TL-ER7206 | SW: TL-SG3428X, TL-SG2008P | AP: EAP615-Wall, EAP610
Options
Related Articles