How connected with LDAP Server in Omada Controller

2023-02-01 10:15:40
Tags: #ldap server
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

Hey,
Sorry for my english, i use google translate.

How to access LDAP in omada controller.
My configuration attempts are unsuccessful.
I get the message: "Directory search failed. Please check your LDAP server configurations."
I am sure that I gave good data because this data is also used in other applications using ldap.

Server Address: this is the address of the company's domain controller, which is only available within the company.

Options
11 Reply
Re:How connected with LDAP Server in Omada Controller
2023-02-02 07:08:15

Dear  @Neeke85 

Neeke85 wrote

Hey,

I get the message: "Directory search failed. Please check your LDAP server configurations."
I am sure that I gave good data because this data is also used in other applications using ldap.

Server Address: this is the address of the company's domain controller, which is only available within the company.

May I know your LDAP Server is on the WAN side of the tp-link router? Or actually in the LAN network of the tp-link router?

If you put in a URL, the router will try to link up the server through WAN. If you have a local server please try to put in the server local IP address.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-02 08:40:18

@Hank21 

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

My LDAP/AD server is located in the company's local network, in which the ER605 router is to handle external VPN connections.

After entering the address of the LDAP/AD server, i.e. ldap://192.168.1.10, the message remains the same.

Options
2023-03-06 00:05:21
Did you solve this problem? I'm having the same problem
Options
2023-03-06 08:45:57

@canopus Unfortunately not, Other tasks were more important, so for the moment I had to let go of the subject.

Options
2023-06-12 07:23:40

@Neeke85 We too have this problem, we are using the Omada Cloud Controller.

I have tested the same setting on a Draytek router on the local network and it connects up fine and lists the users, not sure whats wrong with Omada but it needs to be fixed URGENTLY.

Options
2023-06-13 11:46:10 - last edited 2023-06-13 12:02:26

@Neeke85 Same problem here... Looks like it's terminally broken... Also, what's with the terrible 64 character limit on the regular DN?

Options
2023-06-19 09:32:30

@Neeke85 Hello! Same problem here, with er7206 v1.0 router, managed by Omada software controller 5.8.

Options
2023-12-16 08:21:39

Same Issue here. 

Using LDAP for dozens of devices, however Omada-SDN refuses to connect to the internal 
LDAP-Servers / Windows Domain Controllers.

Options
2023-12-17 11:19:44

Same issue here, ER7206 v1.0, firmware 1.4.0 Build 20231114 Rel.36220, configured Active Directory + other services without problems, in case of TP-Link the only thing I get is "Failed to connect to the LDAP server."

Options
2023-12-27 23:39:17

@Neeke85 I have same problem. I have a router er605 and not work. Then I install an Omada controller in the ubuntu and have the same problem. I test ldapsearch and work normal.

Neeke85 wrote

Hey,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3078

Replies: 11

Tags

ldap server