Router issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router issues
Router issues
2023-02-04 22:16:55
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So 

I've got this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SWR1K56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First of all, when I configure it manually to NOT have the same IP of the modem, it decides to auto configure it as that regardless. The modem has an IP of 192.168.0.1, and then this gets that exact same address which is weird

Secondly, the SFP on the WAN doesn't appear to work. I swapped the SFP to a known working one (I've got an Omada switch too), and I still ahd the exact same issue. The SFP WAN is "enabled"

I'm therefore at a loss as to why it's behaving this way?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router issues
2023-02-05 20:17:06

@an0nymous 

are these devices on the controller?

Also is the router updated to the newest firmware?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-02-06 13:41:36

Dear @an0nymous 

an0nymous wrote

First of all, when I configure it manually to NOT have the same IP of the modem, it decides to auto configure it as that regardless. The modem has an IP of 192.168.0.1, and then this gets that exact same address which is weird

ER7206 does not  have "auto condifure" function. By default, it always be 192.168.0.1;

an0nymous wrote

Secondly, the SFP on the WAN doesn't appear to work. I swapped the SFP to a known working one (I've got an Omada switch too), and I still ahd the exact same issue. The SFP WAN is "enabled"

May I know the SFP module you are using? The SFP will be connected to your Modem? On the modem's side, what SFP module you are using?

Please note the router SFP WAN cannot be connected to ISP fiber directly.  

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-07 00:44:57 - last edited 2023-02-07 00:45:22

@Hank21 

The SFP connects to a regular RJ45 on my ISP's side of things.

This is the one I have

10Gb SFP+ RJ45 Copper Module - 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceiver Compatible for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti UF-RJ45-10G, Netgear, Mikrotik S+RJ10, TP-Link, D-Link : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

The ISP is just a regular consumer ISP too

Options
2023-02-07 03:46:22
Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 4

Related Articles