Votes

DHCP / DNS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

DHCP / DNS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP / DNS Issues
DHCP / DNS Issues
2023-02-06 19:13:23
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I wholeheartedly agree with the following thread

apparently I can't link to the post but change the digits at the end of the URL to 47072

As a commercial product, even one for home consumer use, there should be the ability to:

1. Add a DNS Suffix

2. Create networks smaller than a /27.  I wanted to add one to connect to my firewall (a /30) but the config on the app wants a min of 20 IP addresses.

3. Internal DNS resolution.  I have a number of Raspberry Pis which I connect to.  I cannot do this without having to remember which suffix I used when I build them (see Item1)

4. I appreciate that everything has to be app based today, but can more of the configuration features be available over the web

5. On the subject of web access, the ability to turn OFF HTTP access.  HTTPS is there, and should be the only option in 2023.

6. Have a web filtering product that works.  Try restricting a family member then going to any adult site you wish.  You will get there.

7.Whilst on the security product, if you are going to send an alert to my phone about an attack (it was me probing the x20), do something about it.  I completed my scan and got results, only 1 message to tell me there was a scan

8. The poor excuse for a firewall again prompted me that nefarious activity was outbound, again it was me.  While it alerted, it did not block.

I have taken the 30 day free trial of the security product, but will be canceling.

And I may move to another vendor, as with 1x X20-DSL and 3x S4 Deco units, I just don't have confidence in the TP_link products.

You may see these on eBay, and while I expect to make a loss (I am not going to get my £200 back, I will have as a minimum something that works and something I can rely on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 162

Replies: 0

Voters 2