ER605 OpenVPN and InternetAccess

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 07:01:20 - last edited 2023-02-09 07:15:05
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

Hi Everybody,

I´ve set up my ER605 as an OpenVPN - Server and exported the certificate successfully.

I´ve installed the OpenVPN Clients on Mobiles and Laptops as well and imported the certificates 
successfully.

Using these devices outside of the office, I am able to connect the devices with the ER605 successfully.
Both devices can access the local network behind the ER605 successfully as well without any complains.

However:

Using the mobile phone is working perfectly. Access to local Network behind the ER605 is working, and accessing the internet
is also fine (not via the VPN - it is accessing the internet directly)

Using the laptop - access to local Network behind the ER605 is working as well, but no access to the internet is possible. Neither
via the VPN nor directly. I am using the same certificate and the same settings. Any Idea on this?

Setup: ER605 Router using with Omada OC200 - Hardware-Controller

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 OpenVPN and InternetAccess
2023-02-10 05:16:17 - last edited 2023-02-10 06:37:11

@ChristianB79 

On the router, did you choose "Full Mode"?

Are you able to Ping 8.8.8.8 on the laptop?

Not sure the issue, but maybe you just need to set up a public DNS server on the VPN settings page. Or maybe router firmware issue? Make sure you have the newest firmware version.

If  it is the L2TP VPN, the Windows utility allow you to choose the default gateway(VPN tunnel or go to Internet directly).

Options
Re:ER605 OpenVPN and InternetAccess
2023-02-11 08:35:56

@Somnus 

Hi Somnus,

in my Omada Controller there is no possibility to choose "Full Mode" in the OpenVPN-Server Setup. 

Please see below:

I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 with the result below:

I am also able to ping devices in the LAN behind the OenVPN Server, but

a ping like "ping www.google.de" is not successfull.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 2

Tags