ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-10 07:16:37 - last edited 2023-02-17 07:39:37
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Bulid 20220512 Rel.76748

I bought your router to be able to configure an OpenVPN, just as I had it configured in a computer on 24 hours and so the workers connect to the network and access the internet as if they were here, using the ip of here, but after a long time trying, I do not know what can I do, for me is impossible to make that the workers can access internet from here. They can connect to the VPN and see any device connected to the ER605 but they are not able to surf the internet from the VPN, their computer uses the IP of their local provider for all services.

With OpenVPN server, I know that you can add for example the rule push "redirect-gateway def1" in both the server and client configuration, and so go out to the internet from the VPN server, but I can't find any place where I can configure the server on your router, only the 4 basic parameters and if I add that configuration on the client, the client is left without internet.

Is it possible to configure an OpenVPN SERVER with your router ER605 model to let the clients of OpenVPN navegate on internet with the IP where the ER605 is running? If it is possible, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

victor.feng

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet
2023-02-13 06:58:49

Dear @victor.feng ,

Thanks for reporting this issue in the community.

If you are talking about the Full tunnel function of OpenVPN on ER605 V1, I'm afraid to tell you it doesn't support yet.

The controller has released the latest version that support Full tunnel for OpenVPN, but it also need the firmware of ER605 V1 adapted with the controller latest version.

So please keep an eye on the official website and this thread.

Options
2023-02-13 07:33:02

@Hank21 

controller oc200

Omada SDN Controller v5.7.6

The current version is the latest version, but ER605 cannot be used to achieve the function ( ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet)
Options
2023-02-14 05:19:11 - last edited 2023-02-17 07:39:37

Dear @victor.feng ,

victor.feng wrote

The current version is the latest version, but ER605 cannot be used to achieve the function ( ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet)

Yes, because ER605 V1 hasn't released the firmware version which is adapted with controller latest version yet, ER605 V1 current firmware doesn't support Full tunnel function.

So please keep an eye on the official website and this thread.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 3

Related Articles