Two EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 stuck/cycling Adopting & Provisioning - not changed anything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 stuck/cycling Adopting & Provisioning - not changed anything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-11 12:24:36
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.9 Build 20220429 Rel. 43558

Model:

EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0

Firmware Version:

5.0.9 Build 20220429 Rel. 43558

Omada 5.8.4 on PC windows 10.

All latest firmware etc.

as of this morning, not sure when it happened, suspect over night.

I have X2 EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 that are stuck Adopting.

rebooted any switches (tp- link), modem & anything else I can find.

Power cycled the EAP's.

rebooted PC

I have other V1's on the same firmware that are OK

I have V3 that are OK.

Not changed anything for months, nothing different.

No security changes, windows updates or anything.

Need to get these up and running ASAP.

I can't lag in direct via IP.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Two EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 stuck/cycling Adopting & Provisioning - not changed anything
2023-02-11 16:16:25

@Bignose21 

If you have already tried 'forgetting' them on the controller and they still won't re-Adopt, and they aren't broadcasting some 'TPLINKXXXXX' SSID (ie they factory defaulted somehow) then your shortest path to getting them back up and running is to reset them manually using the switch inside the ethernet cover.

Unlike the EAP110's which can be reset from the passive POE injector block, you have to physically access the EAP225's to reset. 

Let me tell you how 'happy' I was the (one) time I lost control of my wired EAP225...at -20'C

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Two EAP225-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 stuck/cycling Adopting & Provisioning - not changed anything
2023-02-11 16:32:49

@Bignose21 

Hi,

For no apparent reason they have started working after a few hours, little unsettling but I have about 10 and they have been v.reliable to be fair.

Hopefully just a one off glitch. I think there might have been a split second power outage earlier, not long enough to turn anything off but did see the lights flicker & I know how much electronics hate that, more than a full power off

Yes mine are outside & spread about so a bit of a walk & require steps but nothing compared to what you had to go through & for a change, in the good old UK, quite mild & not raining so a factory reset was the last resort. 

Will double check but could not see a way to unlink in the controller as it was stuck in that cycle.

Thanks anyway.

Options
2023-02-11 17:11:25

@Bignose21 

Ah, you neglected to share the power bump info :).  Also, I do miss the UK, just haven't been back since Brexit.

Let me guess, you have all the APs in full AUTO mode?  If so, I think what you saw was a re-convergence problem as in AP's upstream in the mesh came back from the power bump on a different channel thereby isolating them.  They would have reset, come back, been Adopted...but the config file pushed down would still have their old back-haul channel in it, which would take them off-air again.  I engineer my 5Ghz back-haul channels for all my wired EAP225's, so that when the meshed units come back online, their default profiles will already be set to the correct channel, and they usually come back online in a minute or two.  Just fix the 5ghz radio channel at whatever it is now for your wired EAPs, instead of leaving it at auto and this shouldn't happen again.  Leave the meshed units on full AUTO so if they have to, they can re-converge via another wired node if there is a failure somewhere.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 3

Related Articles