ER605 Firmware 2.1.1 - Random Reboot? Provision LOOP .... Fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-12 09:20:51 - last edited 2023-02-12 11:57:30
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

So I logged into my OC200/ER605 to see a TCP No-Flag attack listed (from earlier on in the day), I checked out some logs on my server etc.  Added some IP's to ACL Block List on the Omada and went to adjust some TCP Timeouts etc on the OC200 as well.......  and then the Internet just said disconnected before I could even save them or maybe I saved one then went to adjust another ...... I can't recall exactly.  Either way....

Then when I checked the ER605 in Devices it said DISCONNECTED.  A few mins later it must have started back up (so I presume it randomly rebooted), went adopting, provisioning, configuring, connected etc.  The internet would kick on and then BOOM reboot..... DISCONNECTED.  It did this over and over.  

It's been over 45 mins and it's just sitting on disconnected now but the internet is working.  Doesn't appear to be doing anything now.  I'll probably turn everything off, back on see if it sorts itself it not try a force provision on it which is what fixed it last time when it first had the firmware upgrade done and went into this silly loop of nothing!

Update 1:  So it's 8pm, it gave up and then just refused to Adopt.  The ER605 wouldn't even goto the Standalone Login page.  So I just factory reset the stupid thing, changed the base IP and password, then tried to adopt it ......  So far stuck on configuring.  You can see by my screen shot this has been ongoing since 6:32pm so 1.5 hours so far.  

I'll update what it does.......   *eye roll*.  So 1.5 hours of stuffing about because I made a change in the Omada software on the OC200 which is on Omada 5.7.6.  Not very good not at all.  Well it eventually just went to DISCONNECT sat and did nothing.  Internet was working but no info from the ER605 and again unable to goto the standalone page on the IP for it.  Whatever I changed.......  it has messed it up.  I added a few IP's to the ACL Block List I made (external only), and I believe I changed TCP Close Timeout to 5 down from 10 and SynSent to 30 down from 60.  

Things again that worked fine on firmware 2.0.1.  So I dunno what I'll do, I've adjusted those back and set a force provision to see if it will take otherwise I'll try rolling back the config to one I know worked.....  

If it really gives me the s..ts I'll roll the firmware back to 2.0.1

Update 2:   Well it just went around and around in a circle.  In the end I factory reset it, downgraded the firmware back to 2.01, changed the ip to suit and re-adopted it and its connected again fine.

So 6:32pm finally resolved at 9:51pm.  Complete and utter garbage and I have no idea why, it was working fine on 2.1.1 and then decided to **** itself.  And this is business grade stuff, way more unrelaible then just a standard run of the mill router.

---------

Long story short don't touch ANYTHING right not until they fix it all.  The OC200, where's the 5.8.4 Omada Software???????

Like honestly, I mean whats really to say........ this stuffs been out for an awful long time and this is TPLink's Business Engineers....   Yep not impressed.

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 Firmware 2.1.1 - Random Reboot? Provision LOOP .... Fibre
2023-02-12 13:18:11

@MrHC1983 

there is a firmware update on this issue.  It's pinned at the top of this router forum.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-02-12 14:09:19
Firmware update? You mean this one I was running...... 2.1.1.... the "official one" release properly that just screwed up that I rolled back. Remember the 2.1 update to 2.0.1 ........ that had all the issues with "provisioning loops"......... and 2.1.1 was released officially to fix it...... that clearly has issues. Is that what your refering to? The one I just rolled back from..... Last I checked 1.2.2 Beta doesn't address weird BS I just encountered.
Options
2023-02-12 16:50:56

@MrHC1983 

are you on the latest controller version?  also how are you powering the OC200?  by POE?  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-02-13 00:14:44

@KimcheeGUN Yeh Omada 5.7.6 .......  It's a OC200 so perhaps if they'd released 5.8.4 on the OC200 this may not be an issue for the 2.1.1 firmware on the ER605 but for whatever reason TPLink think releasing it to Windows before their own dedicated hardware makes more sense.  

The OC200 is powered by POE.  I have a POE Switch....... powers my EAP610 an EAP615 as well.  

To cut a very long story short...... the ER605 by itself works perfectly fine, it's this Omada nonsense thats messing it all up.  Whomever is in charge of that area needs a firm kick up the.... 

I do like the Omada software......  It just doesn't work properly, primarily effecting a core function of any network......  Internet, DHCP, Main Router......

Options
2023-02-13 06:17:59

Dear @MrHC1983,

Sorry to hear that you have some trouble with the ER605 v2 2.1.1 firmware. The issue might have nothing to do with the OC200 firmware, we still need to check more details to try locating the problem. 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230221216, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 5

Related Articles