Setting up 3 EAP225s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up 3 EAP225s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up 3 EAP225s
Setting up 3 EAP225s
2023-02-15 04:25:32 - last edited 2023-02-16 00:46:01
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.9

Hi,

I have 3 EAP225 V3 I'm trying to configure for my home. I'm not using any other hardware other then the 3 APs. The firmware version on them is 5.0.9

I downloaded the Omada Software Version 5.8.4 and I've adopted all my APs into it. I was able to name them all the same and make all the passwords the same. 

I have 2 questions.

1. What is the best way to configure all 3 APs so they work well together in my house? I have a single floor, long house so I have one at each end and one in the middle.

2. in my Omada Controller software there is no client data at all. It looks like nothing is connected to my APs yet I have a bunch of devices connected and working fine. Why is that?

I'm a n00b to this multiple AP configuration so any help and advise is appreciated.

Thank you.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up 3 EAP225s
2023-02-16 07:00:54

@kc0r8y 

1. Suggest use Mesh to set them, Mesh make them connectting wirelessly. And EAP has 15m wifi coverage, so adjust the palce of them based on the site.

2. Check the status of EAP on the controller, is it connected?

Do you have a Omada router?

Are you sure these clients connect to EAP's wifi not your router's?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Setting up 3 EAP225s
2023-02-16 18:58:45

@kc0r8y 

You need the Omada managed router to have visibility into clients.  The ER605 is ~USD$50 and will need to provide the LAN services like DHCP instead of your current router which ideally would be put in 'bridged' mode and connected to the WAN of the Omada router.

That said, you don't need any of the above and your current router should be tracking clients, you just don't get to see any of that in the Omada controller GUI.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 2

Related Articles