Create Ipsec vpn for android

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 17:44:10 - last edited 2023-02-15 17:45:42
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I want to setup my router as a vpn gateway, so I can connect with my mobile phone (android 13). 

I only found a guide on how to set up the router for pptp and l2tp (https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/faq/3050/), which is a shame because android only supports ipsec natively and I'd even prefer openvpn. 

Anyway, I tried googleing for omada vpn ipsec, but the only results were product links, so I'm turning to you, fellow community, for help. 

If I try setting up openvpn, the profile config page asks for a config file to import and I don't know where this should come from. 

If I go die ipsec, I'm asked for a remote host name without any clue what to fill in there. 

If you require further information on my setup, please let me know 👍👍👍

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Create Ipsec vpn for android
2023-02-16 08:22:10

@Momro 

Check this, hope it can help:

How to connect to Omada Router using IKEv2 VPN of Android/iOS

In your case, you need to set the ER605 as VPN Server, if you set it OpenVPN server, here is a Export icon you can click.

If you set it to L2TP VPN Server, the remote host name is the WAN IP address of ER605.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Create Ipsec vpn for android
2023-02-17 09:58:31 - last edited 2023-02-17 10:01:37

@Virgo I unfortunately dont have that OpenVPN-Server button which is showing on the top left of your screenshot:

I'll try the website you linked, though.

For sake of completeness, you used the correct topic of the thread, but actually linked *this* current thread.

The correct link is https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/faq/3447/ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles