Software controller on remote location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 20:10:54
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

I've got a windows server running in a remote datacenter and have the OMADA software controller running on it. At home I've got an ER605 VPN router running and tried to connect it to my Software controller. 

At first everything seemed nice and working. But a couple of hours later everything seemed to become buggy and after a while my router completely lost the internet connection. I've reset everything back to factory settings and regained access to the internet. But after a couple of hours my internet connection got lost again. When I'm running an OC200 on site and have everything connected to the OC200 everything works completely fine. 

Any ideas why my connection is having trouble when I'm having everything controlled on a remote server?

Security Advisor in the Netherlands. Main interest in Omada products for CCTV networks.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Software controller on remote location
2023-02-17 23:02:00 - last edited 2023-02-17 23:02:21

@HandokoF 

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-18 01:55:05

@d0ugmac1 That's the method I've used to migrate indeed. 

Security Advisor in the Netherlands. Main interest in Omada products for CCTV networks.
Options
2023-02-20 11:52:55

@HandokoF 

Do you also have a router in software controller side?

Did you check whether the internet in this side is working fine?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-20 12:23:48

@Virgo 

the internet connection is stable and fast. It's inside a huge data centre with my own static op address fully open. 

The server is a windows machine with windows server 2016 installed on it and I've opened all the firewall ports used by Omada. The server isn't behind an Omada router though. I assume that's not a problem. 

I'm able to adopt my devices but after a couple of hours my router will go offline and have to connect it to my local OC200 which I'm trying to get rid off

Options
2023-02-20 14:29:05

@HandokoF 

This does seem really odd. I've used my OC200 to remotely managed Omada AP's on a DDNS IP before and that worked pretty well.

Is there anything in the DC controller's logs?  Can you still ping your router from the DC even when it shows 'Disconnected'?  For the 'remote controller' did you use DNS or IP for the controller ip?

Options
2023-02-20 14:43:13

@HandokoF 

I think you might be suffering from the same thing as is going on here....fix coming:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/599374 

Options
2023-02-20 17:11:33

@d0ugmac1 

Thanks! It really looks like the same problem. The only difference seems that I'm already running FW2.1.2 on my router and that was the fix for him. Hope the devs will fix the problem soon. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 7

Related Articles