WiFi Extender compatible with EAP610-Omada Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 16:11:24 - last edited 2023-02-20 00:52:01

I have an EAP610 wired into our main router.  I need a mesh-enabled wifi extender that can can connect wirelessly to the EAP610.  The EAP610 requires Omada Mesh (rather than One Mesh or Deco Mesh) and in reviewing the TP-Link website, I don't see any wifi extenders compatible with Omada Mesh - the only options are access points that seem to require a wired connection to the router. 

Can someone tell me if that's right? And if there is a wifi extender solution for Omada Mesh? 

Thanks.  

Malachai

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi Extender compatible with EAP610-Omada Mesh
2023-02-21 08:26:45

Dear @Malachai

May I know the function you need is Fast Roaming or Mesh?

If the Mesh is the one that you are talking about, then it means wireless connection.

With the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other.
The model number of EAP which can support mesh is given here.

You can check more detailed information about mesh network here.

Options
Re:WiFi Extender compatible with EAP610-Omada Mesh
2023-02-22 18:17:01

@Malachai 

the only option to improve the coverage of a Mesh-ed TPlink AP is another TPlink AP...so another 610 or any of the older APs that support mesh as linked to in the above post.

Also you'll need a Controller (Windows, Linux or an OC200) to make the mesh happen.  So two pieces of hardware required...OC200+mesh AP.  The one advantage of the meshed AP is your also get wireless LAN extension...ie an ethernet port to plug a switch or other device into at the wireless end of the mesh.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 2