Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

Votes

2023-02-21 17:52:07 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3.

Team,

Suggestion (assuming this is not possible within the current firmware):

Allow customers to operate the router without using NAT.

Meaning allow the device to behave as a special router with firewall capabilities that can be turned on and off as needed.

This prevents double-natting when behind an ISP router. enlightened

While maintaining the ACL-capbilities for enhanced network security. heart

What is your view here?

Cheers - Will

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

This has been scheduled for V5.15 and adapted firmware.

Some models have beta firmware but if your model is not listed, please wait for the V5.15. If you need the beta, you should contact the technical support for the file.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi  @W38122077 

W38122077 wrote

@Clive_A 

Awesome news.  Any insight as to if this will be incorporated into the other Router's firmware within the 5.15 timeframe?  ER8411 specifically

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated time of arrival (ETA) for the firmware update. It is currently scheduled for release in V5.15.
Please note that this will be an adapted firmware, not just a controller update. It's essential to understand that firmware development is a complex process, and timelines may change.

When introducing a feature like this, we typically apply it uniformly across all models to ensure consistency and a seamless user experience.
However, it's essential to acknowledge that hardware limitations may exist, which might prevent us from disabling NAT on certain models. In such cases, we cannot provide individual notifications explaining the reason. Please note that we cannot guarantee the fulfillment of all requests, and we must set clear expectations upfront.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
56 Reply
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
2023-02-22 11:35:26

Dear @ITV

ITV wrote

Allow customers to operate the router without using NAT.

Meaning allow the device to behave as a special router with firewall capabilities that can be turned on and off as needed.

This prevents double-natting when behind an ISP router. enlightened

While maintaining the ACL-capbilities for enhanced network security. heart

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've reported to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
2023-02-28 23:29:35 - last edited 2023-02-28 23:35:44

Nice idea to find another issue behind a ISP router.

Maybe another way or a double way will be add a WAN option 60 to use directly the er605 for exemple directly as a "ISP router" too

Options
2023-03-03 13:35:00
Thumbs up. Also would like to have the option to disable NAT of ER7206 / ER-605 behind my ISP-Router. Greetings
Options
2023-03-03 13:38:25

Hi  @Mikkie 

That's a good ideayes

Options
2023-03-06 19:26:44

Hi  @Hank21 

do you have some news about the statut of this request? does it under instruction? 

Please let us know

Thanks 

Options
2023-03-21 22:09:31
Yes +1
Options
2023-03-21 22:12:52 - last edited 2023-03-21 22:14:40

@nightcrawler 

Thanks for your +1. Please do not hesitate to vote directly on the top of this topic

I hope have some news soon. And the capacity to activate  a "bridge home"

Options
2023-03-22 02:36:33

Hi all,

Thank you for your all valuable feedback.

I've already reported to the developer team, they need some time to evaluate it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-22 09:32:54
Would be really nice with al those upcoming changes on both sites of the fence... :-)
*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2023-03-22 13:31:26

Hi  @Hank21 

You have say the same last month. Do you have some news since the 22-02-2023? 

Best regard

Options

Information

Helpful: 34

Views: 5765

Replies: 56

Voters 33

+ 29 Voters