Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

39 Reply
RE:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
2023-10-03 10:58:47
+1
Options
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
2023-10-05 11:41:50

@ITV 

+1

Options
2023-10-09 12:21:12
vo+1
Options
2023-10-18 02:15:26

@ITV, completely agree with the need to be able to turn off NAT.  I have a public subnet that I don't want translated. 

TP-Link:  this is a much needed ability. 

Lee

Options
2023-10-22 20:17:59
This would be nice
Options
2023-11-25 21:18:13
+1 for bridged mode
Options
2023-11-28 16:23:19
We have a range of public IP addresses for direct communication with certain servers or applications. The NAT service on the router interrupts these services that are necessary to our operation.
Options
2023-12-28 19:00:45

@Clive_A 

Has this been evaluated or categorized any further?

I understand the perspective/view of it possibly not being high demand, but on the flip side if it wasn't: why is there such support for it in the open source community?

I know I personally don't have any TP-Link/Omada routers (nor have I recommended or installed any) due to the lack of this feature.  But I know if it were an option I would be re-evaluting things.

Clive_A wrote

Hi @MaxxFR

MaxxFR wrote

Please  @Clive_A 

Can you transfer it to the internal dev team for evaluation ?

Thanks for your help

It's been sent and notified to the dev team. But I don't think it's gonna be a high-priority demand/request.

I know open source can do that because there is openwrt for ER605 already and I had a brief look at the features on it. It does support many features that we don't support, but that's the advantage of open source. There are always unconventional ways to use products and the different needs from people, but our baseline is still providing conventional products to meet the most basic uses of our 2B customers.

I have looked up what UBNT does, and I don't find it supports disabling NAT as well. And so far we plan to keep it as a router. And most other contract users don't have the requirement of disabling the NAT. Just a few people on the forum expect this, I am afraid that this feature will be delayed longer than any other requests. Or not considered. I am still checking with the dev about this.

If you have a double-NAT issue, turn the modem to bridge mode. Or set its NAT mode to full-cone mode. If your modem cannot be changed to bridge mode to fix double-NAT, you may also write a request to the manufacturer of the modem or seek help from the ISP to see if they can provide a firmware or command to turn the modem to bridge mode.

Options
2024-01-02 09:09:43

Hi @W38122077 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

W38122077 wrote

@Clive_A 

Has this been evaluated or categorized any further?

I understand the perspective/view of it possibly not being high demand, but on the flip side if it wasn't: why is there such support for it in the open source community?

I know I personally don't have any TP-Link/Omada routers (nor have I recommended or installed any) due to the lack of this feature.  But I know if it were an option I would be re-evaluting things.

Clive_A wrote

Hi @MaxxFR

MaxxFR wrote

Please  @Clive_A 

Can you transfer it to the internal dev team for evaluation ?

Thanks for your help

It's been sent and notified to the dev team. But I don't think it's gonna be a high-priority demand/request.

I know open source can do that because there is openwrt for ER605 already and I had a brief look at the features on it. It does support many features that we don't support, but that's the advantage of open source. There are always unconventional ways to use products and the different needs from people, but our baseline is still providing conventional products to meet the most basic uses of our 2B customers.

I have looked up what UBNT does, and I don't find it supports disabling NAT as well. And so far we plan to keep it as a router. And most other contract users don't have the requirement of disabling the NAT. Just a few people on the forum expect this, I am afraid that this feature will be delayed longer than any other requests. Or not considered. I am still checking with the dev about this.

If you have a double-NAT issue, turn the modem to bridge mode. Or set its NAT mode to full-cone mode. If your modem cannot be changed to bridge mode to fix double-NAT, you may also write a request to the manufacturer of the modem or seek help from the ISP to see if they can provide a firmware or command to turn the modem to bridge mode.

It still stays as the current tag since the last time I reported it to the request pool. If this affects your choice, you can consider other brands now.

It is said this was considered but not in high-priority order. I asked before but never got an accurate answer. So, the timeline for this feature is unknown. Many other new features or optimizations are more important than this. So in their opinion, there is a tier list yet this one is placed behind or may not be considered.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-24 03:02:26
Please add the functionality of disabling NAT in business hardware.
Options

Voters 31

+ 27 Voters