Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

Votes

Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)

55 Reply
Re:Disable NAT on the routers (i.e. TL-ER605 and TP-Link TL-ER7206)
a week ago

@Clive_A  Looks like Unifi has beat TP-Link to the punch:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSmrcHbl03U

Options
a week ago

@Clive_A   Thank you for updates.  Would you know if this update will allow for dsabling NAT on a per-WAN interface basis, or will it be all NAT enabled or all NAT disabled, for all WAN interfaces?

Thank you,

Lee

Options
a week ago

Hi @Lee21 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Lee21 wrote

@Clive_A   Thank you for updates.  Would you know if this update will allow for dsabling NAT on a per-WAN interface basis, or will it be all NAT enabled or all NAT disabled, for all WAN interfaces?

Thank you,

Lee

No. I don't have this information. Based on what the forum asked, it did not specify whether this is going to be the per-WAN interface.

I assume it is a global disable for all WAN interfaces.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Friday - last edited Friday

FYI:

After weeks of testing/engineering I was able to resolve this by replacing the KPN/ISP router with a Fritz!box model.

Besides replacing the Omada router with a basic L3 switch/router (i.e. the Omada SG2218).

The blocking issue was static routes on the KPN/ISP router: this was not supported.

Hence the replacement with a Fritzbox, static route support and the KPN/ISP profile.

At this time the switch is default gateway for all vlans (with Pihole/DNSMASQ as DHCP/DNS server).

The Omada router is doing nothing... no double NAT (NAT-ing is only on the Fritz!box)... switching it off... at least for now... :-)

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Clive_A    Please confirm if the ability to disable NAT will be extended to the ER8411 running under a controller also.  Thank you.

Options

Voters 33

+ 29 Voters