How to subscribe to topics for updates on new firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-23 07:14:13 - last edited 2023-03-25 15:22:05

New firmware releases are announced on TP-Link Community forum in specific threats, like this one:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226

The description of the topic says to be notified of updates do this:

To get notified with the new release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic 245226.

I am subscribed to topic 245226, as seen below, yet I did not get any notification. What else do I need to do to make the notification work?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to subscribe to topics for updates on new firmware-Solution
2023-03-23 02:11:59 - last edited 2023-03-25 15:22:05

Hello @aschmid 

The issue that you don't receive the notice on the subscribed topics should be resolved. I updated the topic 245226 you subscribed with a reply yesterday. Please confirm that you've received the Notices in the Community. Let me know if the issue still exists.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:How to subscribe to topics for updates on new firmware
2023-02-24 09:37:57

Dear @aschmid ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

If you check the Notices in your User page, have you seen below letters:

Please go to Settings----Notification Settings, and see if you check the below rules:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-24 10:16:02

@Hank21 thank you for your comments.

I have checked my Notices in my User page and I don't see the message that you have copied. On Wednesday this week I have only notices regarding the ER605 Disconnect topics but not the notice that you copied below.

This is all I got in my Notices for Wednesday:

I have also checked the Settings - Notification Settings and yes the "Someone replies to my subscription" is checked but I guess if it doesn't show in my Notices in the first place there is little chance that the system will send me an Email about it.

Maybe I am doing this wrong? As I have shown in my initial post I clicked on the "Subscribe" icon on the bottom of the page. Is there another way to subscribe?

Options
2023-02-28 10:26:40 - last edited 2023-02-28 10:27:21

Hello @aschmid 

I just updated the topic 245226 you subscribed with a reply.

Did you receive the Notices in the Community or receive an email notification in your mail box?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-28 12:43:03

@Fae unfortunately I have to say I did not receive a Notice in the Community nor an email notification.

The Notices only show this:

As you can see the only notices since Sunday where for this topic but nothing for the other topic.

Options
Re:How to subscribe to topics for updates on new firmware-Solution
2023-03-23 02:11:59 - last edited 2023-03-25 15:22:05

Hello @aschmid 

The issue that you don't receive the notice on the subscribed topics should be resolved. I updated the topic 245226 you subscribed with a reply yesterday. Please confirm that you've received the Notices in the Community. Let me know if the issue still exists.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-03-25 15:21:54

@Fae thank you for the confirmation. I can confirm that I got the subscription notification.

I am not sure if have seen the Email notification in my Inbox but this could be on oversight on my side. I am subscribed to a few threats and there were a couple of messages. 

All good from my side, this seems to be working now.

Options
2023-03-27 07:28:58

Hello @aschmid 

That's great! Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear that the subscription notification works as expected for you now. Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 7