Controller start causes provision of router and therefore downtime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 13:06:15
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Whenever I start the controller it will provision the router and cause downtime in the process. How can I prevent this from happening?

I read that with newer versions of the controller this is solved, but I have the latest version for both the controller as the router.

Controller version: 5.8.4

ER 605 version 2.1.2

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Controller start causes provision of router and therefore downtime
2023-02-28 09:01:56

Hello @Deputy 

As mentioned in another post, it's expected that starting the controller will provision the full configuration to the router and the network connection may drop for a while and quickly recover once it's done. For stable connection, you may keep the Controller running for use.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-28 10:04:21

@Fae 

Thanks. I can follow the reasoning, but I don't agree as a power cycle of the controller should not influence the availability of the solution. Going by the responses, it also seems that not everyone is having this problem, so it doesn't seem to do this by design, but seems to be a bug or an issue with my setup. I really hope we can find out what it is, because I like the solution otherwise. Once this is solved, it will be better than the unifi solution it replaced. For the time being though, it isn't there yet.

I'll try to reset the router next and see if that solves it.

Options
2023-03-01 07:49:37

As an update, I reset the router yesterday and that somehow bricked it. It doesn't give out IP addresses anymore, nor can I connect to 192.168.0.1 or .10. I will RMA it.

Options
2023-03-01 12:10:10

Hello @Deputy ,

You can also try the Firmware recovery.

Please refer to this article:

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 4

Related Articles