Openvpn simultaneous tunnels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-06 20:43:18
Tags: #VPN #openvpn
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all.

Seeing if someone can help me. When configuring ER605 as OpenVPN Server, how many users simultaneous can be connected to that server? When I configure it, only 1 user simultaneously can be connected to that server, if I want to connect the second one, it says authentication failed. The only way to have it 2 at the same time is creating another OpenVpn server (different UDP Port) and then is possible to connect. That is correct? Only can be connected 1 user in each Openvpn instance?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Openvpn simultaneous tunnels
2023-03-07 05:55:54

Hi @Joblond 

When set up as a VPN server, each WAN port can connect with up to 10 VPN clients.

Could you please check your server settings->VPN IP pool, make sure it has a enough IP range? 

For example:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Openvpn simultaneous tunnels
2023-03-07 21:52:01

@Hank21 Thanks for your answer.

In the beginning I tried to do it with different network masks /28 /27 /26 and didn't work. It worked only when I introduced /24 mask, now is working. I don't know if there is some kind of limitation or maybe can be a software bug. Router has latest available firmware.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN
openvpn
Related Articles