Votes

What to do with Omada to avoid ISP bandwidth throttling?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 19:43:05 - last edited 2023-03-16 06:04:26
Tags: #ISP throttling
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

Hi There,

Is here a way to avoid bandwidth throttling with Omada. My isp has bandwidth limitation that if we had used up to 8gb, my speed will be lowered from 150mbps to just 500kbps.

This is frustrating for me and my family who is using a lot of online for schools and for us to work as well.

Is there a way to maybe hide my usage from my isp so that they do not lower my speed drastically?

If you do not have any solutions for that, I hope you add this future in Omada v5.9.9 like pfBlocker

-------------

4x WAN connections 

Load Balancing Weight: 1:1:1:1

I tried to use privatevpn & OpenVPN all of them not working!

Note: I have Synology NAS if any solutions working with them (like VpN Server) ?!

Regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What to do with Omada to avoid ISP bandwidth throttling?-Solution
2023-03-13 22:48:42 - last edited 2023-03-16 06:04:26

@Tech4c 

Sadly there is no way to hide your usage from an ISP, they will record the traffic going via their network to you and monitor it that way.   Even a VPN, while encrypted and not readable by your ISP.. they will still be able to monitor the volume of traffic the VPN is using and take this off your quota.

Outside reducing your LAN speed or applying throttles locally to slow the traffic speed, therefore making the 8gb cap last longer.. there is nothing you can do about this.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:What to do with Omada to avoid ISP bandwidth throttling?-Solution
2023-03-13 22:48:42 - last edited 2023-03-16 06:04:26

@Tech4c 

Sadly there is no way to hide your usage from an ISP, they will record the traffic going via their network to you and monitor it that way.   Even a VPN, while encrypted and not readable by your ISP.. they will still be able to monitor the volume of traffic the VPN is using and take this off your quota.

Outside reducing your LAN speed or applying throttles locally to slow the traffic speed, therefore making the 8gb cap last longer.. there is nothing you can do about this.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:What to do with Omada to avoid ISP bandwidth throttling?
2023-03-16 06:07:42

@Philbert Nice information thanks for the sharing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

ISP throttling