ER605 - Telstra Static IP Issue. "Business Router"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 01:18:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

ER605 is a Business Router right.

Just making note of a weird issue.  So Telstra NBN.  FTTP.  Static IP.  On the ER605 it is getting Dynamic IP's.  Yet on their Telstra Smart Modem it gets the proper Static IP.  Not sure why.

I have tried cloning the NTD MAC Address to it, and also the Telstra Smart Modem.  

I will attempt for a second time today to see if Telstra can do anything, but is it something missing from the ER605 in terms of a DHCP Version, NBN Auto Script, IPoE type thing....

I don't know, I've never seen anything this nuts before.  I've even tried another modem and same thing Dynamic IP vs Telstra's proper modem getting the proper Static IP.

I know this may not be TP Link's fault etc, but the more the can just make their modems 'work' the better it is for everyone.

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 - Telstra Static IP Issue. "Business Router"
2023-03-15 01:30:43
Why create a new post for the same user issue?
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:ER605 - Telstra Static IP Issue. "Business Router"
2023-03-15 02:41:26

@d0ugmac1 Yes appoligies.  I was up late last night looking at this....... and I didn't see if I had posted on here, I thought I had but couldn't find it so.

But given your response in the other thread, no mate that's not the answer.  Setting bridge or anything to archive this outcome.  

So essentially if Telstra are the ones who can't hand down a static ip normally then you just dump them as an ISP but again just bringing this to the attention of this business router, WHY.

I have yet to learn why the static isn't handed down.  So ultimately you cannot answer the question, perhaps the TPLink Engineers could.

Options