Votes

WireGuard Client-to-Site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

WireGuard Client-to-Site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:WireGuard Client-to-Site
2023-04-16 22:14:36
The only adjustment you need to make compared with the "All traffic" is changing the allowed addresses. 0.0.0.0/0 means everything. 192.168.0.0/24 would make traffic to for example 192.168.0.2 go through the VPN accessing a server on the other side
Security Advisor in the Netherlands. Main interest in Omada products for CCTV networks.
Options
2023-05-04 00:31:44

@pascal585 Hi, I have just got this working now on my gear: client=android, Server=ER7206

It drove me batty no end that there was no way to export a config file or get a QR code to set it up on the android client, so I had to do it in the client using the configure from scratch mode. A lot of hit and miss for days. Then I found this Wireguard Config Generator in WireGuard Tools (I can't post the URL here but the important bit is wireguard (dot) com) and it helped enormously with the numbers I needed to get it working on the client from scratch. Now I can create a client config to make reinstallation easier. But note: you can only use one peer config per client. Can't use the same config on multiple clients that might connect at the same time. STAVROS' STUFF site was helpful with how to create the config file in plain text (ignore the server config file there).

Here's a basic config file explanatory for the client:

[Interface]
Address = 192.168.2.2
PrivateKey = <client's privatekey>
ListenPort = 21841

[Peer]
PublicKey = <server's publickey>
Endpoint = <server's ip>:51820
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0

The Address is the local LAN address you want to have on your server's LAN for the client to come in on.

The Endpoint is the public IP of your server. (I have a static IP).

Note also you have to set up a peer on the Server as well (they don't tell you that).

I hope this helps. I can now see my home LAN devices over Wireguard VPN remotely.

Paul
Options
2023-06-18 02:51:07
Options
RE:WireGuard Client-to-Site
2023-09-02 06:27:06 - last edited 2023-09-02 06:30:09

I just bought an ER707-M2 to replace a OPNsense. Unfortunately wireguard is not supported to route only specific clients through it so I have to keep the OPNsense.

As wireguard is performance and setup wise prior this feature should be considered.

Options

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters

Tags

WireGuard