The remote server only supports an IP value, it does not allow to put a domain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 00:53:07 - last edited 2023-03-27 06:06:53
Tags: #VPN #Remote Server
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992
I am trying to create an OpenVPN client that accesses through a synology domain. But it only allows me to put the ip. In the help it indicates that the domain can also be used. What would be the correct way to enter that data?

thank you
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The remote server only supports an IP value, it does not allow to put a domain-Solution
2023-03-24 10:02:50 - last edited 2023-03-27 06:06:53

Hello  @SantyCR

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

I'm afraid that ER605 doesn't support putting the Domain in the Remote Server at present, only the IP address is supported.

This has been already submitted as a feature optimized to the TP-Link team. And it will also be optimized in subsequent official versions of the ER605.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:The remote server only supports an IP value, it does not allow to put a domain
2023-03-20 11:41:45

@SantyCR 

Hi, Good question!

I have asked the same issue to their support, and the answer is it doesn't support to put a domain, only the IP works.

They told me that they have fed back this to senior engineer.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:The remote server only supports an IP value, it does not allow to put a domain-Solution
2023-03-24 10:02:50 - last edited 2023-03-27 06:06:53

Hello  @SantyCR

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

I'm afraid that ER605 doesn't support putting the Domain in the Remote Server at present, only the IP address is supported.

This has been already submitted as a feature optimized to the TP-Link team. And it will also be optimized in subsequent official versions of the ER605.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN
Remote Server
Related Articles