VIGI C540 - plenty of false positive alerts when in infrared

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 19:02:29
Tags: #C540

Hello,

first of all this thread form misses Vigi C540, which is positioned by TP-Link as a business product. The camera I write about has hardware version v1.0 and uses latest FW: 2.0.3 Build 230215 Rel.77661n

The problem I have is related to generating a lot of false positive alerts when the camera is it's in infrared mode.

In 99% alerts are caused by tiny dust particles flying near by camera lenses. It's impossible to control alerts by lowering sensitivity or manipulating dimensions of object - too lower with sensitivity causes even people aren't detected and size of dust particles differs, depending on distance from the lens - from single pixels to large orbs. Ideal would be to filter out alerts by duration of image change, which for those dust particles usually last < 1.5s, but this functionality is missing.

The other issue I noticed is rising an alert even when brightness of image changes - for example broken street lamp, which turns off and turns on continously generates an alert on each time, even if no move occurs on area.

And last but not least - it definetelly looks, like two (or more) teams were developing the fw/sw for the camera without coopertion. From mobile app it's almost possible to control infrared/white light diodes in automated manner -  somehow settings are applied for whole day instead of night only - for example marking IR led continously on (for a night) causes IR is also turned for day generating B/W image. If the same setting are selected from web interface or VIGI Security Manager it behaves as expected.

I appreciate nay support

Regards

Maciejos

Options
11 Reply
Re:VIGI C540 - plenty of false positive alerts when in infrared
2023-03-23 03:18:31

Hello @Maciejos

Thanks for reporting this issue to our community.

Maciejos wrote

The problem I have is related to generating a lot of false positive alerts when the camera is it's in infrared mode.

In 99% alerts are caused by tiny dust particles flying near by camera lenses. It's impossible to control alerts by lowering sensitivity or manipulating dimensions of object - too lower with sensitivity causes even people aren't detected and size of dust particles differs, depending on distance from the lens - from single pixels to large orbs. Ideal would be to filter out alerts by duration of image change, which for those dust particles usually last < 1.5s, but this functionality is missing.

The Intrusion detection feature is used to filter by intrusion time.

May I know which detection you are using now? Could you please share a screenshot to show that?

Maciejos wrote

And last but not least - it definetelly looks, like two (or more) teams were developing the fw/sw for the camera without coopertion. From mobile app it's almost possible to control infrared/white light diodes in automated manner -  somehow settings are applied for whole day instead of night only - for example marking IR led continously on (for a night) causes IR is also turned for day generating B/W image. If the same setting are selected from web interface or VIGI Security Manager it behaves as expected.

Could you please share the screenshots of related settings on the ViGi APP?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-28 20:48:26 - last edited 2023-03-28 20:49:41

Hello Hank21, 

thank you for your attention, I really appreciate.

So far I set Basic Event - motion detection with sensitivity of 30%. Now you put my attention on Intrusion Detection Smart Event and possibility of sensitivity and time of intrusion definition. Just changed to it and will observe, but it looks very promising.

About this IR light issue: if I select on mobile app Device Control (or something, cause I have to translete to EN), then Night Mode and Infrared Always On the IR light stays on whole time - not only for night (which is suggested by beeing in the Night Mode) but also for a day. Such option (Infrared Always On) even not exist on camera web interface or VSM application:

By the way is there any cure for messed red/blue balance on ATI cards? The car on image below is red and fence light brown, and thi is how it is presented on computer with ATi RX660:

Looking forward for your reply.

Maciej

Options
2023-04-06 01:52:18

Hi @Maciejos ,

Maciejos wrote

By the way is there any cure for messed red/blue balance on ATI cards? The car on image below is red and fence light brown, and thi is how it is presented on computer with ATi RX660:

May I know how you determined this issue? Did you do a comparison test?

Did you use another PC with a different graphics card that shows no similar issue?

Also, where did you take the screenshot, by VIGI Manager?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-04-06 19:48:45

Hello Hank,

yes, I own few PCs and the problem of messed colors in VIGI Security Manager ocurs only on the one, equipped with discrete graphics card (ATI RX6600, not RX660). Beside this, other user of this forum reported similar issue. Both of us have ATI Grpahics in this case.

Please have a look, how colors are presented on the same machine for the same image - bigger comes from web interface of the camera, smaller from VSM. Screenshot was taken after positioning both windows with usage of standard OS screen capture tool.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Maciejos

Options
2023-04-07 02:39:17

Hello  @Maciejos ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230410344, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-04-11 02:28:28

Hello @Maciejos,

Hope you are doing well. Our support team reported that they haven't received your email reply at all.

Have you ever received the support email whose case ID is TKID230410344 ?

Or was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Options
2023-04-11 17:48:08

Hello  @Hank21 

thanks for taking care about this case. I have just responded in direct e-mail communication.

Regards

Maciej

Options
2023-04-20 10:40:15

Hello  @Hank21 

As i wrote before, I replied on email from Katherine and Fiona, describing the problem, but today I got notification, that i did not reply on the problem yet, which is quite surprising.

Nevertheless, to make long story short:

1. beta version provided to me did not solve the issue,
  2. the problem occurs only on VSM (on camera's website everything is OKAY)
  3. the problem occurs only on main stream with H265 codec

I enclose screenshot - it contains the same scenery browsed in parallel on the same machine - larger picture comes from cameras website, smaller form VSM.

image.png

I attach also configuration settings for main stream:

image.png

Looking forward for your reply.

Options
2023-04-21 01:47:34

Hello @Maciejos,

Thanks for your updates!

We have confirmed with the support team, and they have sent you a newer Beta firmware, you may feel free to test it and update the forum here later.

Options
2023-04-21 19:48:39

Hello @Hank21 

please be informed, that I just sent detailed reply (including screenshots) on last e-mail from the support team (the one with link to beta 1.4.5). 

Summary:

1. there is minor issue with authentication to the devices
  2. device starts in Live View LQ mode with correct colors
  3. switching LQ  --> HQ gives broken color (also cycling LQ --> HQ --> LQ --> HQ ... gives sequences of correct and broken colors)
  4. but there comes some magic: while being in HQ Live View and then switching to Playbak or Setting and going back to Live View - the colors are correct in HQ mode!

Regards

Maciejos

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1378

Replies: 11

Tags

C540