ER605 - Load Balancing - Clients never seem to connect to WAN1, only WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 12:47:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

I am running an ER605 2.0 with 4 Omada APs and attempting to load balance with T-Mobile Home Internet and Starlink.

T-Mo is installed as my WAN source and Starlink is installed as WAN1. My issue is that I cannot seem to get devices to connect to WAN1 regardless of the weight distribution I assign (1:1, 1:2, 1:3, etc.). Starlink (WAN1) is direct-wired through the SL ethernet adapter and I've verified that connection is established (through the starlink app). I also have tried set up of running the starlink first through a router and then to the ER605 and directly to ER605, results do not change.

Anyone have a similar setup and had to configure anything special, or any guides out there that may help?

Thank you in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 - Load Balancing - Clients never seem to connect to WAN1, only WAN
2023-03-22 06:02:23

@RJ21KC 

Hi, how are you?

I'm a little bit confused about how you found the data doesn't go through WAN1.

Maybe you have the Link Backup feature enabled either, so that WAN1 is not online, you can check the WAN status.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER605 - Load Balancing - Clients never seem to connect to WAN1, only WAN
2023-04-20 23:12:58

@RJ21KC 

Seems to be some kind of firmware problem. I have same problem with TL-ER7206. I just maded post about it.

Options