Is a DHCP router essential to setup the AC1200 EAP ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-24 01:42:45
Model: EAP230-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Don't know

Hi Folks

Preparing to setup the tp-link AC1200 for the 1st time. Didn't know a PoE switch was essential but will get one !

I'm not sure if I can get access to my router as Sky/Now don't put the IP address on the device.  Is allocation of an IP to the EAP essential to make it work ?

Really appreciate any help you can provide.... I'm new to this !!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Is a DHCP router essential to setup the AC1200 EAP ?
2023-03-24 04:34:51

@neillybeg 

its easier to have active internet (through ethernet) while the setup process is working. you will need a router to connect to at least the first access point by wire to set up the rest. your router should assign the access point an IP address. you dont need to have PoE, you can use the enclosed power cable to power the AP.

Options
2023-03-27 06:54:37

@neillybeg 

A POE switch could be necessary, I didn't see any words that the EAP can be powered by the power cable.

See the Spec:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-27 18:31:29

@neillybeg the wall EAP's are only powered by PoE i believe so a PoE switch would ne necessary to power it.

Options
2023-03-27 23:15:56

@Virgo @dictoresno 

Thanks both for your replies

neillybeg wrote

Hi Folks

Preparing to setup the tp-link AC1200 for the 1st time. Didn't know a PoE switch was essential but will get one !

I'm not sure if I can get access to my router as Sky/Now don't put the IP address on the device.  Is allocation of an IP to the EAP essential to make it work ?

Really appreciate any help you can provide.... I'm new to this !!

.  I'l  get a PoE router and give it a go !

Options
2023-04-11 10:59:33

@neillybeg 

Hello there! It's essential to keep in mind that even though a DHCP router is not essential for setting up the AC1200 EAP, it's recommended to have one for easier configuration and management of IP addresses. This will save you time and effort in the long run. However, if you don't have a DHCP router, you can still manually assign an Essential IP address to the EAP. If you're having trouble accessing your router to allocate an IP address, you may need to contact your internet service provider for assistance. I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 5

Related Articles