Mesh connectivity with software controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-28 12:33:27 - last edited 2023-03-29 07:07:26
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello , 

if i build a mesh network with a software controller on a computer.

1.Should i have the pc open so controller manages the mesh network?

2.Omada controller starts as service? or should i have the software open manually?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mesh connectivity with software controller-Solution
2023-03-28 17:24:27 - last edited 2023-03-29 07:07:26

@dbSoft 

Hey

If you are going to use Mesh (connect APs via WiFi) you would be best to have the controller running 24/7.  While you can shut the server down, its really not recommended as this will take the APs offline after it starts up.  The controller is designed to run 24/7

Most people start this as a service automatically, as said its not ideal to shut the controller down.   You are best not running this on a home PC or a PC that will be used for other everyday surfing.

The OC200 is a cheap controller for home use, it can run 24/7 for using just 12v of power..

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh connectivity with software controller-Solution
2023-03-28 17:24:27 - last edited 2023-03-29 07:07:26

@dbSoft 

Hey

If you are going to use Mesh (connect APs via WiFi) you would be best to have the controller running 24/7.  While you can shut the server down, its really not recommended as this will take the APs offline after it starts up.  The controller is designed to run 24/7

Most people start this as a service automatically, as said its not ideal to shut the controller down.   You are best not running this on a home PC or a PC that will be used for other everyday surfing.

The OC200 is a cheap controller for home use, it can run 24/7 for using just 12v of power..

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 1

Related Articles