EAP225 v5 multicast traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-29 15:22:30 - last edited 2023-03-29 15:24:43
Tags: #Multicast
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hello!

We have a problem with multicast traffic through the network. Devices connected to the EAP225 v5 (1.1.3 FW) are not searched through mDNS. There is no such problem with EAP225 v4 (5.1.0 FW). 

If you connect, for example, a printer to Wi-Fi via EAP225 v4, then iOS devices will see it via AirPrint. If the same printer is connected to Wi-Fi via EAP225 v5, it is no longer visible through the AirPrint, while everything else works fine, it is available at the IP address.

Net:
Router - Mikrotik Rb5009us

Controller - OC200 v2 (5.7.6 FW) 

No VLANS, only one SSID

Options
8 Reply
Re:EAP225 v5 multicast traffic
2023-03-31 03:02:05

@Emlid 

It seems like the EAP225 V5 firmware doesn't support mDNS and Bonjour Service, hope they will release a new version to support it ASAP.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-31 10:57:12

@Virgo 

Thanks for the answer.

For me, this is a very strange situation. When purchasing equipment, I rely on the performance of the declared functions. I cannot check the hardware version before buying. The supplier brought me the entire number of purchased access points, and only one of them was v4, and the rest were v5. As a result, with the same cost, the same position, and the same order, I get equipment with different functionality.

Should I post here a Feature Request or this post is enough?

Options
2023-04-02 09:45:50

@Emlid 

After rebooting the access points, the devices are visible and accessible.

Approximately 10 minutes after the reboot, the printer (_printer._tсp., _scanner._tcp., _ipp._tcp.) disappeared. It also ceased to be available via the AirPrint but was available via HTTP search (_http._tcp.).

After another 20-30 minutes, all other devices (_reach._tcp.) disappeared.

If you turn off the AirPrint on the printer and turn it back on, it will also be available for a while. Same as when rebooting the access point. I repeat that there are no such problems with the v4 access point.

All multicast devices are connected to the 2.4Ghz and cannot be connected to the 5Ghz.

Options
2023-04-03 09:42:55

Hello @Emlid ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230403916, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-07 22:16:04

Hi @Hank21 

I can confirm what @Emlid reported. 
Same for me with a HP Envy and a Brother DCP-L. 

But after connecting only the Printers to another AP from AVM using the same network, it works. 
My ios devices are still connected to the EAP225 and it works. So the problem seems to be the connection to the printer. 

I am using an Eap225 V5 using Firmware 1.1.3 Build 20230224. 

regards

Olli

Options
2023-07-10 08:19:02

Hello @Tueddel

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230715464, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-10 09:26:36

I have just been battling the exact same symptoms with an EAP610/615 setup. In my case I have two printers, a brother laser MFD and an Epson inkjet.

I'm using android devices. Sames symptoms, when the printers first boot, or if the APs are rebooting and the printers join, I get bonjour messages across the network and printers are discoverable. After some time (the amount of time seems to vary), the brother printer seems to drop and is no longer discoverable by the native android print app. The Epson printer remains discoverable.

Once undiscoverable the printer can still be connected to from the android devices using the printer's IP address, or from the brother print helper so both phones and printer are still on the network. Windows workstations seem to continue to see the printer although there may be some caching going on there.

I have replicated the behaviour using a pfsense gateway instead of the omada gateway, so it's not the gateway.

I have also connected the printer via ethernet and it remains discoverable. So it's not the printer.

The last test I did, I removed the omada EAPs and setup a single unifi AP. The issue vansihed. So everything points to some weirdness with the EAPs. I have not yet tried running them in standalone mode, that may be my next step. I have had a ticket open for a few days now waiting for next steps.

Options
2023-07-10 16:49:34

@Hank21 

thanks hank. 

today I received a beta firmware that solved the problem.
thanks for your help. I hope this will reach the official firmware ASAP. 

regards

tueddel

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 837

Replies: 8

Tags

Multicast
Related Articles