EAP225 Green light slowly flashing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-31 16:12:57

I have got EAP225 

got all connected but green light keeps flashing every 5 sec.

I have reset many times.

I can not connect to to-link 2.4G OR 5ghz wifi SSID 

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP225 Green light slowly flashing
2023-03-31 18:03:25 - last edited 2023-03-31 18:09:19

@Bpp 

RTFM?

isolated would seem to indicate it has not received an IP during its initialization process.  Check your wiring, or if you are trying to mesh, make sure your Omada Controller is connected and performing to spec.  TPlink APs mesh on 5.8G only, and REQUIRE a controller in order to do so.  Once your wired AP is recognized and managed by the Controller you can reset and power on your remote AP.  It may take a number of minutes to discover and show the device in the controller in ADOPT? state.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-03-31 18:40:44

@d0ugmac1 

thanks a lot 

it was cable connection. 

basically cable is short so I connected another cable  extension using coupler and such it wasn't working.

I checked then cable and it's good cable. 
so I connected directly without extension and it worked. 

1) how do I make it to work with extension?

2) I have working aystem now but when I change SSID in ( keeping same as main wifi) Omada app- it stops working. Any idea ? 

thanks for your help 

Options
2023-03-31 19:30:43

@Bpp I assume you have another wifi enabled router or modem/router that you are augmenting with the EAP225?  If so, don't expect seamless roaming between the two, and you won't even be able to connect both if they have slight differences in the WiFi encryption settings (like the WPA/WPA2 and TKIP/AES settings specifically).

If you can't make a longer cable yourself, then I would purchase either a longer cable, or a better coupler (which could just be an old powered ethernet switch from your parts bin). 

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2047

Replies: 3

Related Articles