ER605 NAT Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 NAT Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 NAT Issue
ER605 NAT Issue
2023-04-05 00:56:38
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an ER605, and am trying to configure port forwarding to direct web traffic to my internal web server.  I've done the following:

- I have configured a domain a record to point at my public IP.

- I know this works, because when I point a web browser at this IP, the ER605 management console will load up.

- But that's not what I want; I don't want the management console of the ER605 to show up when someone hits my domain, I want the traffic routed to my internal web server.

- accordingly, I've configured a virtual server with my public ip as source and my internal web server ip as destination, and I'm forwarding port 80.

- what I expect is that when I point a web browser at my domain, it will now get forwarded to my internal web server. 

- BUT that is not what happens; instead the ER605 still tries to load the management console, but it gets stuck and does nothing.

I know I must be doing something wrong here, but am unsure what. I badly need to get this to work.  So, I'm wondering if someone can point out what I'm doing wrong here, and what I should be doing differently.

Many thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 NAT Issue
2023-04-05 01:59:07

@tt92618 

Try changing the HTTP Server Port under System Tools>Admin Setup to something different than 80, say 8080. Or, set up your Web server with a different port than 80.

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles