EAP615-Wall - no bidirectional connectivity on one VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-11 15:30:25
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Hey all,

I have a bunch of Omada kit but I'm seeing something really weird with my EAP615-Wall. I have it connected to a TL-SG2210P, and have the switch port configured to carry all VLANs (100,200 and 500). Into the EAP I have 3 devices wired into the physical ports and have configured those ports to be in VLAN 100 (Eth1 and Eth2), and VLAN 200 (Eth3).

The device on Eth3 in VLAN 200 is working perfectly. The two devices on Eth1 and Eth2 in VLAN100 are not. I can see the DHCP server getting requests from both devices and I can see the DHCP server offer them both an IP address, but they don't seem to receive the offer, as they keep asking for an IP.

If I then change ports Eth1 and Eth2 to be in VLAN200, they both pick up an IP address (from the same DHCP server, but in a different context), and they work fine. But if I then change the ports back to being in VLAN100, it breaks again. So it seems that the EAP has broken VLAN100. I've checked the MAC address tables on both my switches and they all look fine. As the EAP615-Wall runs BusyBox I can't find a way to check its mac address table.

I noticed that there is a suspiciously similar issue reported for the EAP655-Wall, but it doesn't mention the EAP615-Wall. Has anyone else experience the issue on this device?

I've spoken to the tech support guys who have passed it over to a senior engineer to look at, but the current situation is that Amazon Alexa isn't working until this is fixed and my wife is getting annoyed with me.

For info - I've tried rebooting everything, resetting and forgetting the EAP, reconfiguring ports, rebooting the controller.

Cheers,

Kevin

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP615-Wall - no bidirectional connectivity on one VLAN
2023-04-12 06:30:48

Hello @Bawjaws,

Thank you for your valued feedback!

Our senior engineer has received your feedback on the issue via email, they will continue to follow up with your case.

If you have any additional information, please feel free to reply to the support email whose case ID is TKID230417262.

Many thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 1

Related Articles