EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-18 04:17:31 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:40
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220120 Rel. 53691 (US)

@Fae @Hank21 

The EAP610(US) V2.0 was to have PPSK without RADIUS enabled along with the EAP650/670, and still does not have this function enabled.  Now that the EAP620HD V1 has a beta firmware working through development, please add the EAP610 v2 to the update development list.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting-Solution
2023-09-05 07:22:37 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:40

Hi All,

I'd like to update some news here.

Please refer to the below article for all current EAP models that have PPSK without RADIUS support and you may subscribe to it for updates.

Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

Welcome to provide your feedback on the related posts, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting
2023-04-19 06:48:00

Hello @JoeSea

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We're sorry we don't have further insights into when the firmware will be released for EAP610 V2, there are many models and versions of Omada devices and each software release is rigorously tested before it is released, the final test results will affect the final release of the software.

We hope that you will be able to use the new firmware as soon as possible, but this will take some time and the device firmware will eventually be released one after another, so please be patient.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting
2023-06-05 18:57:26

@JoeSea Same issue with 613V1

Options
Re:EAP610(US) V2.0 PPSK without RADIUS still not available, causes AP to stop transmitting-Solution
2023-09-05 07:22:37 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:40

Hi All,

I'd like to update some news here.

Please refer to the below article for all current EAP models that have PPSK without RADIUS support and you may subscribe to it for updates.

Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

Welcome to provide your feedback on the related posts, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-05 07:40:01 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:42:57

Hello @Hank21, Thank you for sharing the latest information on this issue. I'm uncertain about the safety of installing beta firmware on a device. Personally, I have never attempted it, as it carries certain risks. If I do install the beta version now, will the device automatically update once TP-Link releases the full version?

Options
2023-09-06 01:32:05

Hello @Amds,

It will not upgrade to the latest official firmware automatically, but you may subscribe this post to get the news of EAP610 new firmware released in the first moment.

Options
2023-10-01 06:33:12

@Hank21 Thank you for the notification of the beta release, but I do not consider this a solution without an official release.  And I find the recent heavy use of beta releases instead of official releases concerning.  Of the 16 EAP6XX AP variations with different firmwares on beta, only 3 have had an official updated firmware this year, with the EAP620HD v1 on beta since March.  I appreciate the help that beta users are willing to provide, but I chose Omada over Unifi, for its stability.  Moving almost every device to a beta firmware that is not warrantied, is not comforting. I also understand that engineering may be shell-shocked after the ER605 update last year, and want more real world testing before releases, but nearly the entire Omada line-up is on beta.  TP-Link has built a nice system with Omada, but I worry that it is being pushed to expand too fast and will be seen as too immature by intended business consumers, to bring in risk accepting home users.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 732

Replies: 6