VLANs and HomeKit Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLANs and HomeKit Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:VLANs and HomeKit Devices
2023-06-17 08:37:57

@shano81 

Update on this issue...

I've since replaced with a brand new Meross Garage Door opener and after being setup for just over 24 hours back to same issues with red light and cannot connect over WiFi. Found ping keeps being dropped out...It must be have something with the Omada setup but not sure what to do next?!?!

Regards,

Shane

Options
2023-06-17 12:38:05
are you able to temporarily relocate the Meross device? Just for a day or two to see if there's anything location related about the issue? Find a spot indoors, close to another AP and far from its current location. If problem repeats, then it's either a config issue or perhaps an incompatibility between how the two wifi systems are operating. If relocation doesn't make a difference, you could also try a temporary 'Open' SSID for just the Meross, just to see if you can keep it connected for more than a day.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-06-23 12:48:05

@d0ugmac1 

Update so far

* Since the New Garage Door Opener failed less than 24 hours after it was configured made one change to the Omada system is to enable "Airtime Fairness". This allowed it to work for another week or so.

* Since a recent reboot of my devices now got the same issues again. Dropping Packets, the LED goes red sometimes. Works via Meross App but not HomeKIt and etc.

* 2.4 GHz saturation issue I believe so tried various settings with Channels, Width and power but hasn't really helped.

As for moving to a different location, I've not had the chance as need to control the door. I can try assigning it to one AP and see if that makes a difference to isolate if it's the AP causing the issue. I might do that next.

It's been very frustrating as have gone all in with TPLINK Omada but has never been able to get the Meross Garage Door opener to work consistently! My next door neighbour has the same device and has never had issues but uses a different WiFi mesh system. 3 years now and still not resolved!

Any help identifying this issue would be helpful. I'm using EAP245's so wondering if need to change my APs to something else?

Regards,
Shane

Options
2023-06-23 15:04:32

@shano81 

Are you by chance running an ER605? If so, what hardware and firmware versions are you running on. There have been a number of recent posts regarding DHCP issues with this router.

Options
2023-06-24 01:04:04

@d0ugmac1 

Yes, I do have an ER605. Hardware V2.0 and running Firmware is 2.1.2 Build 20230426 Rel.56904.

Options
2023-06-24 09:56:19

@shano81 

How would you feel about rolling back to 2.1.1 (force manual upgrade) for a bit to see if problem persists?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/er605/#Firmware

Options
2023-07-15 20:27:03

@shano81 

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues even after replacing the Garage Door Opener with a new one. The recurring red light and inability to connect over WiFi can be frustrating. Since you suspect it might be related to the Omada setup, it's advisable to reach out to their support team for further assistance. They should be able to help diagnose the problem and provide guidance on what steps to take next. Hopefully, they will be able to help resolve the issue for you.

Options

Tags

VLANs
Related Articles