Omada SDN Controller GUI Feedback - [Closed on May 29th, 2023]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada SDN Controller GUI Feedback - [Closed on May 29th, 2023]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller GUI Feedback
2023-04-25 18:11:27 - last edited 2023-04-25 18:11:57

@Hank21 

Automatic Refresh processes on the pages are very obvious

Looking forward to improvement on this.

Controller V5.12.43 (Ubuntu) OC200 v1.0 V5.13.30 OC300 v1.0 V5.13.30 EAP225 v4.0 EAP245 v3.0 EAP110 v4.0 EAP225-Outdoor v1.0 EAP610-Outdoor v1.0
Options
Re:Omada SDN Controller GUI Feedback - WIFI Connection Quality on Web Interface as on Apple App
2023-04-25 21:14:22

@Hank21 

Where: Site->Clients->Wireless Connection column

Why: No info displayed of each wireless conecction quality.

How to improve: Should be great to see it on web interface, as it is shown on Omada Apple App.

Options
Retain Widget Settings
2023-04-26 14:37:38

@Hank21 

For all controller page widgets, previous view settings should be retained across reloads and re-logins, ie VPN widget always defaults to server button view on page load, but I only care about Client view on that Site.  This can also apply to time ranges and other settings that I find myself constantly re-toggling.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-04-27 17:33:36 - last edited 2023-04-27 17:38:08

Hi  @Hank21,

I'm not sure about my this request, if its design. But it would be awsome te be able to move a the AP at the heatmap during simulation mode and see direct result.

My second request, is to make it more clear what the VPN-status is at the Insights->VPN status. (like the home widget).

Thanks!

Options
2023-04-27 17:40:00

@tiagalho 

Additional to the previous comment: add support for automatic fingerprinting with a icon or to add a icon to a client yourself (SVC,PNG support). 

Options
2023-04-27 21:39:56 - last edited 2023-04-27 22:09:15

@Hank21 

- Why are you guys date/time pickers so inconsistent ? 

- it moves all over the place,    sometimes there are in menu quick selects( which I like ) while sometimes , no quick selection 

alert page on the right ( with 3 quick select options ) 

client page  ( sqeezed in between in the menu selectors  ) on the menu 

on the summary page 

again another location ( it gets it own full wide screen bar , but no quick selection probably because there was not enough room ? ) 

main screen right again , no quick selection , but now there is a option to change the view ... 

- your reporting screen , are inviting/ tricking people to click them ( but its only to repeat the obvious ) why no click to the context page ? 

- ok show me the 2 errors in the log then  , which I click it ....

yeah I know there are 2 errors , on click I would like to set taken to the log or page where I can see the errors .  seeing 2 times 2 error . I get it already... but what are they ??? 

Why are ports of 'NONE POE' switches selected in the 'switch POE' screen ?   there is not even a field if its 'POE available true / false' which you can then use to 'select or order the table )  then it might even be explainable that none POE ports are listed 

- how does  the menu on the right side work ?  on my 4K screen it has a fixed width and the menu seems to indicate mulitple 'colums' that you can see half of it , there isn't a scroll bar or I least I can't find how you can see the full width view , I can't seem to find the way to use this menu efficiently 

This menu then also spawn's  multiple devices ,   with the 'same icon'  , so if you open a bunch , good luck in remembering who is who ? is. 

why not the ip or device name under the icon or device name , I don't know , something usefull to actually quickly jump to them ? 

instead of the same icon for everything  ( here is a gateway and 2 different switches , 2 ap's)

As already clear , I find the right menu very unintuitive ,  

Honestly I don't understand really why all port manipulations need to happen in the right menu ?? 

honestly I really don't understand ( OR its a pebcak , but I don't understand how the right pop menu works ) 

switch overview , massive amount of data , using the full screen estate ,  you click ' edit '

Edit  ( my most favourite ) friend is there 

Then IF you select ' mulitple' ports ,  to change the settings my favourite friend show me ' Batch edit (amount) but not for example 'ports: 1 , 5 , 7 selected '  which might be of some use , if you are trying to figure things out .  

maybe again a pebcak , but I have not found to easily and quickly get an overview of the settings below 

- I use 5.9.32  I think the most recent version of the controller and the controller settings have now move to the 'global view  / site ' selector at the top right ? 

I have SOOOOOO much space ,   can I have an option to 'always show controller menu item' in menu.  

now if always need to switch if I quickly want review something the controller , while in the past I could just click it open. 

- I option to fix the amount of menu items ( showing default 10 is painfull on a 4K screen ) 

- last one for now ?  your heat map tool needs alot more work 

can you plz find someone how never saw , this and just ask him to try to make a map and add 5 devices ? 

my gripes :  

your heat map tool has not 'logical' flow to it.    

when you first look at this screen and you want to figure this out , so again you have no 'clue' ,  you want to change this map to your home

well I was drawn to the 'blue' arrow indicated ' BLUE'  => EDIT button , offcourse because I want to edit this thing. 

well NOOOO dear sir ,  once you are in edit mode , you will try for 10 minutes to change the image , delete it , right click , left, ...

no no ,  you should really have push the 'tiny'  circled + icon  ( red arrow ) ( upload image)  text button was to obvious ?

again how would you know the circled + is the image upload button , it doesn't even have 'on hover context menu' 

Well since its the mystery button show, There is also the button left of that + button which lets you edit and delete map's, maps , but he ?  wasn't the map switch button the drop down left to that thing again ?  Next button ,  AAAAH it will add devices.....  Now are we cooking .. LETS GO !!!!! 

but sadly the device list is empty ??? 

Anyway , F this ..... I first tried this I just gave up ...... , I don't care about the map feature.....

its made by people , who never even let their page be tested by people who never saw the page. 

Really some of you TP link people would just need to ask if their partner 'just' try to test this page..... 

Sadly for you , they would send you back to work to fix it....

so the map tool , is the worse part of the gui But since I will not longer use ,   I don't care ....

but plz fix the right pop up menu , that one I use alot  

Options
2023-04-29 10:27:10 - last edited 2023-04-29 10:36:59

@Hank21 

1. Allow overview and stats panes to be open at the same time and remember that layout. There is plenty of room to allow this so it makes no sense to require you to open each one individually.

2. Have app remember selection. It use to do this. You could select multiple clients to list on right, select stats pane on first client, then move through clients and the stats pane would be selected on each. Now it resets and defaults back to overview and requires you to select it again.  A lot of unnecessary clicking when there is room to display all the information at once.

The first option would fix it all.

VIDEO > Requiring selection and reselection as you move through clients is a waste of time

53f6960a6ac440079fd50dc73506c1de

Options
2023-04-30 12:12:37 - last edited 2023-04-30 12:13:22

@JoeSea closest to what you ask (show device assigned channels) is under Settings > Wireless Networks > AI WLAN Optimization > Optimization Log > under ACTION column, select the last DETAILS log.  This is more of a report.  Give you the information, but your request to include it better in the GUI is still valid.  

Options
2023-05-08 08:30:04

@Hank21 

Where: Login-Page

Why: 2FA-Code Text-Box is Split in 6 different inputs. No Code can be entered by Password-Managers or from Clipboard.

How to improve: just use one single Field for the code.

Controller Version 5.9.32 OC-200 v2.0 (2.9.3) ER-605 v2.0 (2.2.0) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2)
Options
2023-05-08 08:31:53
Where: Everywhere Why: Its not responsive and really sucks on smartphones. Your App also sucks becaus there ar so many missing features compared to the Web-UI How to improve: make the Web-UI responsible, please
Controller Version 5.9.32 OC-200 v2.0 (2.9.3) ER-605 v2.0 (2.2.0) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) TL-SG2008P v3.0 (3.0.5) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2) EAP610(EU) v2.0 (1.0.2)
Options