purchasing a license for the TPLINK Omada Cloud Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-25 16:01:09
Hardware Version: V15
Firmware Version: 5.9.41

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a license for the TPLINK Omada Cloud Controller and would like to know how to proceed.

Can you tell me the steps I need to take to purchase a license for my Omada device?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Options
6 Reply
Re:purchasing a license for the TPLINK Omada Cloud Controller
2023-04-25 18:04:51

+1

Not only how to buy (simply google for 'LIC-OCC-1YR') but rather how/where to enter the licence code within the cloud controller as I see option for that so far...

Options
2023-04-26 06:11:44

@Gossene 

Have you contacted the support team or the sales team?

Submit a ticket email to technical support here.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-04-26 08:39:50

@Vierge 

Yes I had already written to support yesterday and they brought me back here 

Options
2023-04-26 09:36:46

@Virgo 

Speaking for my country: Germany

Contacting TP-Link directly is a nightmare - but I share my experience here:

I contacted TP-Link Support by email asking exactly this question: How to activate/where to enter Cloud Controller licenses.

They can easily be bought by googling for 'LIC-OCC-1YR'.

After one week waiting they replied with 'please contact Sales' - which I did by forwarding the whole story and asking the same question.

Nudging them 3 times already it is 6 weeks (!) now with no reply - absolute silence.

Asking by phone is also impossible because nobody answering the so-called 'Hotline' - after 45 minutes (!) waiting I gave up - also several times/days.

This whole HW Controller soonish EOL discussions vs. using Cloud Based Controller is sooooo tiring, really.

My Trial OCC licenses expired back in November - cannot renew them.

Buying new licenses online leads to the initial question - how to activate them???
Hardware Controllers not getting too much love - it takes months to adopt them to new software versions.

Always Cloud Based Controller first receives updates but therefore no changelog at all - you never know what's in the bag.

So so so frustrating all :-(

Options
2023-04-26 09:46:30

@Hoamboy 

It's a shame about that.
In my case Senegal we don't even have the service as such I have to go through Morocco to write to the support. The support service should be accessible and fast but I think it's not the case.
If they are not reactive on their support they just have to make the purchase of the license accessible?

Options
2023-06-30 14:54:38

@Gossene 

+1

Options