Unable to access on specific mobile app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 07:28:47
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hi Support

Good day,

I would like to raise our incident regarding on our network, something weird.

The main problem with our network is the Wi-Fi Connectivity via TP-Link A6, we encountered no connection, unable to send and received messages on messenger app only with status "Waiting for Network". Kindly see the photo below.

But in other mobile applications there is no problem with the connection via Wi-Fi, able to browse, watching YouTube etc.

Also, we tried to use our mobile phones in other network even in our home and able to send and received the messages on messenger app.

Here is the current netwok device we have.

ISP - Local ISP

TP-Link ER605 - Main Router

TP-Link A6 - Access Point

Please see attached file for router bin

File:
backup-ER605-2023-04-26.rarDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to access on specific mobile app
2023-04-28 23:10:53

@ken22 

Could be something to do with the double-NAT.  My suggestion is to disable DHCP server on the A6, then disconnect the cable from the A6's WAN port and connect it to a LAN port.  It will then behave like a dumb AP.  Let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-12 01:06:08

@d0ugmac1 

Still encountering the problem. We tried your suggestion and observed for more than 2weeks but the issue still occurred. 

Can you provide the permanent solution? 

Please response immediately

thank you

Options
2023-05-12 02:35:30 - last edited 2023-05-12 02:38:07

@ken22 

I just realized I'd drawn a diagram of what you'd already done.

If you were still having the issue with the A6 LAN-LAN connected to the ER605, then the issue is 99% in the ER605 config.

Are you running the latest firmware?  I cannot 'read' your backup config file...I'd have to overwrite a production 605 to do so.

Options
2023-05-12 03:19:49

@d0ugmac1 

Here is my current firmware and hardware versions

Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608
Hardware Version: ER605 v1.0

Also, please see latest downloaded er605 bin file

We tried the latest firmware that you provide before (on my previous Issue Thread - Issue: Detected ARP Conflict) but does not the issue resolved.

so we decided to use an old version for firmware and did not detect an ARP Conflict.

Hope you can resolve this issue. 

thank you

File:
backup-ER605-2023-05-12.rarDownload
Options
2023-05-12 17:20:09

@ken22 

ARP conflict probably still exists, even though the older firmware didn't detect it.  If you can't make the newer firmware work you have a config issue somewhere.

You could have something like this if you did not properly disable the DHCP server on the A6, and you have 2 servers responding to a single client BOOTP/DHCP request.  Note that many devices would cache ARP entries for some time, so you may need to power cycle the network equipment to ensure a consistent arp table.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 5