Need help resetting admin password on EAP Controller v2.4.7 on Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 10:10:01
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v2.4.7

Hello,

I have an old installation with EAP Controller v2.4.7 on Windows 7 and forgot the admin password.

This installation was done by me some years ago, I have full access to software and hardware, just need to add a MAC to MAC Filter, but without the login I cant...

It controls only some EAP110 devices.

This is not the first time it happens, and I saw a way to change the admin password, I think it was adding something to a config file and rebooting or running a java command, I also don't remember this, and how to do it.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

JS

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need help resetting admin password on EAP Controller v2.4.7 on Windows
2023-05-04 12:07:09

@JulioSilva 

Would it not* just be easier to rebuild your controller config?  If it's a few 110s it's unlikely to be super complicated.

If you setup Cloud control access and configured the email server on your controller, there's a way, but almost no-one does this.

I once recovered my $#$@%# F*cebook password from a backed up virtualized machine's browser's password cache from a few years back, it was a lot of work.  Needless to say I was slightly disappointed when I STILL couldn't just delete the account from the metaverse.

*sorry for the stilted language, the post gestapo AM (artificial m0ron) disagreed with the original contraction version:

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Need help resetting admin password on EAP Controller v2.4.7 on Windows
2023-05-04 17:24:58

@d0ugmac1 easier than put a new password and have everything as it is and only make the changes I need?

Don't think so....

Eventually I'll do that if I cannot find a solution. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 2

Related Articles