Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 16:31:59 - last edited 2023-05-12 02:35:06
Tags: #Migration
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20221104 Rel.41500

I have a omada software controller at home. I already have an Omada network running at home with TP-Link omada compatible router, switches and EAP.

My client has a cisco router RV320. This router has configured with multiple IPSEC tunnels. 

I want to pre-configure the new ER7206 router at home with all the VPN tunnels before hand, and adopt it at the remote site with their Omada controller.

Since I already have an existing omada network with a router. How do I achieve this?

I was planning to create a new site on my omada network. Connect only a LAN port on the network. Assign a LAN gateway IP with the same subnet as the remote site. Create multiple VPNs as per the existing cisco router at the remote site. That way I just need to adopt the pre-0configured router at the remote site.

My questions are :

1. What is the correct process?

2. Am I thinking in the right direction?

3. If yes, How do I migrate the new site at home and save it a local file?

4. How do I import that file at the remote location through Omada controller?

5. Is there anything that I need to do in this configuration process?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.-Solution
2023-05-08 02:57:25 - last edited 2023-05-12 02:35:06

@kumarullal 

With controllers from 5.8 and later, you have the option to backup the entire controller, or just a single site.  In theory, it is possible to build the site on your local controller with the new router, and then bacukp the 'new site'.  You can ship the router to the remote location, and then 'Migrate' the site backup file you built locally on your controller, onto a new controller at the remote location, and then it will be able to adopt and manage the 7206 natively at the remote site.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.
2023-05-06 02:28:34

@kumarullal 

Hi, check this:

How to manage Omada devices at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller

kumarullal wrote

3. If yes, How do I migrate the new site at home and save it a local file?

4. How do I import that file at the remote location through Omada controller?

5. Is there anything that I need to do in this configuration process

Go to Global, click on Setings---Maintenance, and see the below picture:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.
2023-05-06 11:49:18

I would suggest fully replicating the remote site config as a new site on your local controller.  Test and verify all VPN and LAN settings.  Then follow the controller's site migration wizard to move the site config from your controller to the remote controller.  Ship 7206 and plug it in, verify that it is found and managed by the remote controller.  Done.

Options
2023-05-07 21:09:17

@Virgo 

Thanks for replying. My question is, when a backup is taken in this case, then, it will backup all the sites in Omada network? All the other sites will also be restored at the remote Omada network.

I just want to backup that single site, that I am interested in.  How do I do that?

Options
2023-05-07 21:14:28

@d0ugmac1 

Thanks for replying. I dont have access to the remote site. I have not bound my Omada site at home with Omada cloud. 

I have added additional IP address (Matching the remote subnet) on the Omada Ubuntu based software controller.

This worked out to be great idea, because now my Omada controller could reach the router and could successfully provision it. All I need to know is how do I backup the new site where I have configured this router, so that when I physically attache the router at the remote location, and adopt this router, I should be able to import the settings fom the site backup.

Options
Re:Need help in setting up ER7206 router through Omada controller for a remote site.-Solution
2023-05-08 02:57:25 - last edited 2023-05-12 02:35:06

@kumarullal 

With controllers from 5.8 and later, you have the option to backup the entire controller, or just a single site.  In theory, it is possible to build the site on your local controller with the new router, and then bacukp the 'new site'.  You can ship the router to the remote location, and then 'Migrate' the site backup file you built locally on your controller, onto a new controller at the remote location, and then it will be able to adopt and manage the 7206 natively at the remote site.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-05-11 17:41:15

I could backup site through site migration tool and restore it on the remote site.

Thanks all.

Options
2023-05-11 17:48:35
Thanks for confirming!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 7

Tags

Migration
Related Articles