AC1350 AP connection priority

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 20:01:36

I have 22 AC 1350 Wall AP units on an Omada network with controller (mesh enabled). All are hardwired via land cable, and mesh is enabled for better roaming.

So i have 1 AC1350, that has decided to ignore the wired connection and use the wireless to transmit data.

This is not good because its trying to connect to an outdoor EAP610 that is far away causing a poor signal.

The AP has been online for 4 days and using the lan cable to transmit data, however now its refusing to connect that way.

The device went offline for 10 mins and rebooted and now it wont connect by wired connection.

Is there a way to prioritize how the device connects or do i need to replace the unit?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1350 AP connection priority
2023-05-05 21:56:34 - last edited 2023-05-05 21:57:39

@Terran158 

Disable Mesh is the answer

Mesh is not related to Roaming, this is a common misconception in networking.

Mesh is simply HOW the APs talk to each other and specifically, whether they can use the WiFi connection to do this, it has nothing to do with roaming or fast roaming.  If all APs are cabled in then you dont need mesh enabled, roaming will still take place with this disabled (as long as you have roaming enabled in advanced features). 

Turning this off should solve your issue.   In answer to your question however, it will always prefere a LAN connection so if its jumping to mesh then its losing too many packets / not getting a solid LAN connection and deems mesh to be better.  I would check out the lan connection for stability first

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 1

Related Articles