SPEEDTEST DOES NOT RESPOND AFTER UPGRADE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SPEEDTEST DOES NOT RESPOND AFTER UPGRADE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:SPEEDTEST DOES NOT RESPOND AFTER UPGRADE
2023-09-07 09:51:20

@Clive_A 

please sir, we are your customers , and when we say something, take the time to investigate it. i posted this subject, and what  @akapal is saying is true even if you do not support it anymore.

i use ER605V1  1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317

and OC200       5.9.32

and yet i have the speedtest , and it doesnt respond. it starts and stopped at 3%

@akapal is right

capture omada Caption

Options
2023-09-07 14:53:46

Clive_A wrote

Hi @DataMeister 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So if you are using OC200, you don't have to uninstall the controller. Update is based on the old build. I think you have the legacy files or codes for this.

Do you see it in Widget? If you have added it before, the codes may be kept. Could be the dev did not write a line to forcibly remove the related codes in the backend.

Can you give me a screenshot of it?

And, if you can try to remove it and save it, and check if there is any available way to add it or run it?

Like the KimcheeGUN said, it's correct. The front end seems to be left in ruins but the backend indeed, we have deleted related codes and don't plan to support it anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean with the bolded statements? I can give a screen shot, but what do you mean by remove it? The test always fails around 3%.

Options
Re:SPEEDTEST DOES NOT RESPOND AFTER UPGRADE-Solution
2023-09-08 01:46:59 - last edited 2023-09-11 01:17:20

Hi @Saamoss @DataMeister 

I don't have a test model of OC200 available. And I am not specialized in the controller. I am doing all my tests with the software controller. Official release, public release, and support version to examine your "export for support" backup.

@DataMeister Originally, I was answering the OP and stating the fact. And @KimcheeGUN  has explained it to what @DataMeister mentioned. And Kim was basically right about it. Backend codes seem to be left by the dev. The function stops working.

The hardware or software controller, generally speaking, is on the same track for feature and development. The news we got is it has been removed and we will stop providing any support or update to this feature. It was removed several versions ago. On the software controller, it has been entirely removed. But the front end of the hardware controller has not.

The reason why you cannot use it on OC200 V5.9.32, it is stuck at 3% is because the backend codes have been cleared and removed. This is why the dev told us so. And our technical support and forum members were iterating this fact.

And I have clearly marked my controller version as V5.9.31 in the previous post. There is no entrance for it if you are on software controller.

If you were on the old versions, regardless of the hardware or software controller, you may still find it working but if you update the controller to the latest version, then you cannot use it.

And, ER605 V1 has been EOL. TP-Link End of Life Products

@Hank21 Can you inform the Controller dev team to remove the button and add it in the release note or publish an announcement to inform the public?

Update: Like what you mentioned, @Saamoss, I am sure the @akapal is not on the latest if it works. CBC and the software controller have entirely removed the entrance for the sped test.

I'll work with Hank to push the dev team to remove it on the hardware controller and keep the three types of controllers in consistency.

@DataMeister  Bold texts were referring to the . It's not the case anymore. I got what was talking about.

Update: Hardware controller V5.12.X BETA has removed the entrance.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-25 07:33:45
This is so disappointing. It was advantageous to know what WAN was performing better or if there was a speed problem with one of them
Options
2023-09-25 09:57:53

@Clive_A  I feel this is a backward step by your developers. I have worked in IT for 22 years. The WAN speed and reliability input directly affects the rest of the system. And it is knowing which one may be having the problem.

Has this function been replaced with something else which would monitor this ISP speed and reliability

Thanks

Options
2023-09-26 01:22:52

Hi @Edd53 

Edd53 wrote

@Clive_A  I feel this is a backward step by your developers. I have worked in IT for 22 years. The WAN speed and reliability input directly affects the rest of the system. And it is knowing which one may be having the problem.

Has this function been replaced with something else which would monitor this ISP speed and reliability

Thanks

If I did not make myself clear in the above replies, then I'll do it again.

We don't plan to add any new features or upgrade the speed test feature since the recent controller upgrades have gradually removed the speed test feature.

If the product does not fit your purpose of use, you can return the product and seek other solutions. Currently, I am not informed that we will have any other new features related to the speed test added recently. So, that feature might be unavailable for good.

I assume the codes might be removed in the following upgrades to free the space or just left there as it does not affect anything when the front-end has removed it.

I hope I have explained the current situation well. I am aware of others' replies and feedback but the decision's been made by the dev already. It was gradually removed by at least 2-3 versions. So that explains the determination of the dev team. I am afraid there is nothing I can do.

I hope you may find other alternative ways to periodically test your speed if you need. Maybe via an installed software on your computer and set a schedule on it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Related Articles