Band steering 5ghz prefered?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 22:13:22

Hello came across with option in site section.

But i dont fully understand how it works.

Clearly it prefers 5ghz over 2.4 if possible?

So if 5ghz is not a reliable connection turns on 2.4 automatically?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Band steering 5ghz prefered?
2023-05-26 05:47:46

@dbSoft 

Hi, check this FAQ to learn more about this feature.

Some wireless clients can only work on 2.4GHz band while dual-band wireless clients can work on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. So if both single-band and dual-band clients are connected to 2.4GHz wireless network, 2.4GHz wireless network will be overloaded while 5GHz wireless network is relatively free. Band steering function can avoid this kind of waste by leading dual-band clients to connect to 5GHz wireless network with higher priority.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-05-29 18:32:36
I read the faq, but i want to give clients priority to 5 ghz but if for some reason client fail to connec, eap will connect him on 2,4. If again 5ghz found again connect to 5 ghz again. Is this possible as i describe it?
Options
2023-05-29 20:30:47
Yes The AP will always try to connect the client to the 5ghz, however if it fails or cannot support 5ghz. Then yes it will drop back to 2.4ghz
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3

Related Articles