power outage and OC200 faulted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 02:51:38
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

So i had a power outage and when everything came back online, my OC200 controller was offline.

all the lights were on but no one was home.

After struggling with it, i decided to reset it and try and use my backup. Well it wouldn't take the backup.

Now it seems my original network is running all on its own and the controller is acting like a new unit.

It shows all my existing AP's, switches, routers, however it states they are managed by others.

I tried to adopt them, but it wont accept any of the logins for those units.

What are my options? Reset each unit and recreate the entire site?

Or is there a way to get this controller back on the original network?

Options
4 Reply
Re:power outage and OC200 faulted
2023-05-31 05:54:35

@Terran158 

Hi, unfortunately, you have no choice but to reset all devices and re-adopt them again.

You can forget all devices first if you want to reset the controller next time.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-05-31 17:38:45 - last edited 2023-05-31 17:42:10

@Terran158 

I use a very cheap small UPS so this does not happen. in theory you could connect a rechargeable power bank to the OC200 and have it work for quite a while..but I have not tested what happens on POE-fail, it will probably crash anyway and start on USB power as it does not claim to be redundant so you better backup the whole switch.

That said people on the internet say it switches power  without interruption surprise this is however not advertised it seems. 

Options
2023-05-31 17:58:00

@Terran158 after talking with TP link tech support, they were able to get the OC200 controller working. Not sure what happened.

There wasn't much configuration i had to redo. Even their tech support wasn't sure why the OC200 faulted but it could have been firmware related issue.

Options
2023-05-31 22:08:56
It faulted because the flash disk system used is sensitive to power fluctuations, and an important file was probably corrupted. The support team would have been able to remote in and clear the corrupted file(s).
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 4