OC200+ER7206 unknowk password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-04 08:14:01
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to restart a setup. In my office there is a OC200 controlling a ER7206 router and we need to do some changes in the network. Unfortunately, the person who setup the system does not remember the controller password and we are stuck because of this.

Is there any way we can reset everything and start from scratch? I do not want to mess with the network before knowing if it is possible or not. I have read in other forums that ER7206 reset button does not send the router to factory defaults if it is adopted by a controller (this is our case).

How can I start everything from scratch without messing up the network or making the devices useless?

Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200+ER7206 unknowk password
2023-06-06 08:15:07

Hi @anfonse,

If you can still log into the OC200, you may backup the settings files first and go to Device list to forget all devices, all device will be back to the Standalone mode.

But if you can not log into the controller, then there is no choice but to reset all devices hardwired containing the OC200.

And certainly, the network will be down after you reset the ER7206.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:OC200+ER7206 unknowk password
2023-06-06 19:55:33

@anfonse 

If this was my 'problem', I would take the OC200 and factory default it.  I would then re-configure my network in the OC200, ie create the WAN, LAN, etc settings and ignore all the 'Managed by Other' messages.  I would then at a time outside of business hours, factory default the 7206 and then re-adopt it.  Assuming you created the same subnets mapped to the same ports, it should just come back up.  You can then fine tune things, like add reservied IPs, or configure ACLs as needed.  Once up and running, immediately perform a full backup!

The Omada routers should free-wheel without an active controller.  The only thing having the controller non-functional will do is break things like meshed APs, or fast-roaming on capable APs.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 275

Replies: 2