EAP690e HD does not seem to work with Cisco uPoE (four wire forced on)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-07 00:42:11
Tags: #Firmware Update #EAP690e HD
Model: EAP690E HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Initial

So, a bit frustrated, but good to know, the 690e HD does NOT support Cisco's uPoE which provides 60 watts of power.  So, I can still only power this via the wall plug that came with it.

Will there be a firmware that can fix this?  Also, if 6 Ghz drops (because of power reduction), two things:  A) I should not have to REBOOT the AP for the Upper Radios (5.8 GHz and 6 Ghz) to come back online and start passing traffic.  As it stands now, if my fall back power is not PoE++ (say wall power plus a PoE+ switch) I have to reboot ANY time the 6Ghz radio drops below it's power level.  It will come back online, but it will not pass traffic properly.  B) I should have a MUCH more obvious way to know this is the case.  Iimagine I am remote and have an office of these, if power drops and I am using two power supplies (because PoE++ switches are not cheap, nor easy to find), then I NEED TO KNOW THEY ARE NOT TRANSMITTING 6GHz properly.  Right now the only message I get is if I go to statistics, there is a message stating the AP needs to be rebooted for the resources to come back.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP690e HD does not seem to work with Cisco uPoE (four wire forced on)
2023-06-08 16:48:22

Why would it? It's a device by TP-Link, not Cisco. You can't expect proprietary protocols to work across vendors.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Tags

Firmware Update
EAP690e HD