AX1500 WiFi router using laptop internet connection via Hot Spot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-09 01:46:59
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello from Australia. I have suffered a lightening strike (power surge) which has ruined my current TP-LINK wifi router and the broadband modem. I am getting a new Wifi router today. I was planning on connecting to the AX1500 via Ethernet cable from my laptop which will have hotspot internet. Will this work ok. What settings do I use for the AX1500?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 WiFi router using laptop internet connection via Hot Spot
2023-06-09 08:17:28 - last edited 2023-06-09 10:42:32

@Roger_Aussie-1 

If I understood correctly your intention is to use your laptop's Wi-Fi to connect to an internet hotspot and share the internet over the laptop's ethernet port to the AX1500.

If you use Windows OS on your laptop this could be done by using the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) feature of Windows OS.

For example - if you use Windows 10 as an OS you could go through this thread, describing how to configure this scenario.

In this scenario, AX1500 can be configured either in "wireless router mode" or "acces point mode", depending on your needs.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options