Omada Captive Portal Not working with iPhones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-09 09:34:27
Tags: #ACL #captive portal
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

Hi,

I am trying to set up the Omada Captive Portal on my guest Wi-Fi with no authentication, only sign -in the terms and conditions. 

But when you connect to the guest network, the captive.apple.com stays stuck with the word login at the top and nothing happens even when tapping it.

I'm running an ER605 v1.0 and my hardware controller is

Version:5.9.32

Build:1.24.0 Build 20230328 Rel.52384

In rare ocasions, instead captive.apple.com appears my oc200 ip 192.168.100.2 and works great!

I have enable static ip on my OC200 to troubleshoot,but when I try different iPhones, the majority stay stuck on captive.apple.com and nothing happen...

There is something that I'm missing to point out the ip of the controller? I saw on Reddit speaking about ACL to point to the ip:port of the controller, but I have follow Omada tutorial and doesen't say nothing about it...

help me please...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Captive Portal Not working with iPhones
2023-06-10 13:55:38

@Internet_CTPL I have the same problem with my new OC200 2.0 & EAP115(EU) v4.0

Controller Version

Model

OC200 2.0

Firmware Version

2.9.3 Build 20230328 Rel.52390

Options
2023-06-14 07:35:35

Hello @Internet_CTPL

May I know whether you need the client devices can log into the captive.apple.com website when they connect to the portal network?

If so, you may try checking the Promotional URL and putting it in the domain.

If it still doesn't help, could you share more information about your needs and the screenshot when you try to log into the captive.apple.come website with the portal.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-14 09:29:25

@Hank21 

Thanks for your reply. 

It's random... sometimes connects straight away, and others don't connect at all!

Due to the fact that can connect iPhones or androids, I can't put the web page captive.apple.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 3

Tags

ACL
captive portal
Related Articles